XenZine Articles [Deleted]

I was able to integrate Social Share into XenZine, I have to make additional code modification on the Social Share addon. So whenever I publish an article, it'll automatically post on our Facebook page and Twitter.
Wow, if you are comfortable, can you please share the code with me? Thanks,

@@tenants , @@xfrocks - XenZine and Social Share are both amazing add-ons. However if these two can be integrated, communities like ours will get benefited a lot.

Agreed. I'd also love to see XenTag integration and availability of widgets (latest articles, etc) for the Widget Framework. XenZine Articles is already excellent -- but these additions would make it even better! :)

Because social share is a paid product, i don't think it's right for me to share it, but if he's interested, i can share him the files and whatever changes I made. Coding wise, it's similar to the other addon, such as Showcase.

I think you should share it with the developer to be included in a future update.
Then me and many others would buy it for sure.:)

@tenants When an unregistered user tries to access the articles they get an error message saying: "NoPermissionResponseException: You can not view this article" instead of being redirected to or seeing a login page.

When you convert a thread to an article, what happens to the thread? What about the search engine traffic and the backlinks?

I am not sure how to handle that. If I leave the first post in place then it means I have duplicate content on site. If I convert the 1st post then the visitors who come via search engine will not find the content when they land. So both have their drawbacks.

That said I think I will be buying this add-on this week.

People using this add-on with the UIX skin: What all template edits did you have to do to ensure seamless integration. I can see I will have to edit the moderation toolbar link and add a list html tag around it.

People using this add-on with the UIX skin: What all template edits did you have to do to ensure seamless integration. I can see I will have to edit the moderation toolbar link and add a list html tag around it.
I'm using UI.X and only had one small extra.css edit to stop the "Watch Category" button overlapping the bottom border. Have a look at zroadster.org/articles if it helps.

I've just upgraded to the latest UI.X in the last hour and not fully checked everything, but was OK before ;)

Which permission do I enable in the user group so that the users are able to edit the tables?

I have enabled can edit any article but the users are not able to see the big edit button which opens the table editor. Do I have to enable publish article setting too?

Editing custom fields is done at the time of creating the article and publishing (but can be done on editing).

When a user creates (or edits their own) article, if the custom field is added to the category of that article, they will be able to update /add the custom field .

Has the custom field been added to the category, has the user edited an article in that category?

I can show you step by step at xenzine.com

I have added the custom fields and I can edit it too. But I have given myself all the permissions. I wanted to know which permission to give to my moderators to be able to edit that custom field.

The custom field only needs to be added to the category that the article is submitted too
[The other permissions are article related, if they can edit the article, they can edit the custom field]

- So for custom fields, there is no need to worry about permissions.
You either add it to the category that users can publish to (an thus edit), or add the custom field that users do not have permissions too

[I'm currently working on anti-spam add-ons so my head is in another place ;) ]

Article Tools -> Edit Article and Article Tools -> Edit Details do not take the user to the custom fields.

The Edit Article button at the bottom of the page does. However the moderator is not able to see that button. I guess I will have to grant publish permission as well.

If they own the article, the big blue "Edit Article" button (at the top of the page, in topCtrl, where you see the breadcrumb / or even below the article) will take them to the "submit / create / edit" article area, this is where they will see the custom fields
- The other buttons are just quick edit buttons (in line editing, for admin changes after publishing), the custom fields have not been added there.

Submit an article to this:
http://xenzine.com/?category=cooking-test&id=312

Get it published and the try to edit, in this example it has custom fields at the bottom, these can be edited using the big blue edit button below or above the article:

Below

upload_2014-6-11_16-51-49.webp

Above
upload_2014-6-11_16-52-56.webp

Both take you to this page where you can edit the table custom fields (and all other custom fields and other article areas) then resubmit for publishing:

upload_2014-6-11_16-54-25.webp

If they own the article, the big blue "Edit Article" button (at the top of the page, in topCtrl, where you see the breadcrumb / or even below the article) will take them to the "submit / create / edit" article area, this is where they will see the custom fields
- The other buttons are just quick edit buttons (in line editing, for admin changes after publishing), the custom fields have not been added there.
So only the owners can edit the article custom fields. This is not how it should be I feel. If I want to allow moderators to be able to edit or update then it is not possible.

Top Bottom