[JoyFreak] Articles Extended (Classic News)

[JoyFreak] Articles Extended (Classic News) [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy (£30.00)

JoyFreak

JoyFreak submitted a new resource:

[JoyFreak] Articles Extended - Extends the built-in article thread type for preview display style.

This is a XenForo 2 customisable add-on that allows you to stylise your articles forum to look like a traditional news display style.

Setup:
Once installed, create a node with "Article" forum type and display style as "Preview".

Copyright removal:
A simple copyright is added in the footer of the articles page only. This can be disabled without payment. Head to "Template modifications" and turn the switch off for "PAGE_CONTAINER".

Make articles your homepage:
Admin CP...

Read more about this resource...

This looks really nice. If I hadn't jumped ship last year for AMS, I'd have definitely gone for this. Clean and elegant.

I've always liked the simple feel of a news feed. Reminds me of simple news portals from back in the day.

This looks really nice. If I hadn't jumped ship last year for AMS, I'd have definitely gone for this. Clean and elegant.

I've always liked the simple feel of a news feed. Reminds me of simple news portals from back in the day.
Thank you, appreciated ☺️

I love this add-on, thank you! :)

I'd also love an option to choose which forums this displays on. Where it's not selected, the articles use the default xenForo article display with the larger images. This would allow different layouts for different sections.

Is this possible to include this option in a future update?

I love this add-on, thank you! :)

I'd also love an option to choose which forums this displays on. Where it's not selected, the articles use the default xenForo article display with the larger images. This would allow different layouts for different sections.

Is this possible to include this option in a future update?
Glad to hear that :)

Of course, I'll add this option in the next update :)

Can you add support for the article snippet to honor bbcode? :)
For example with spacing and bold etc, so it is more readable once the snippet is a bit longer just a few lines.
Example:

For example with spacing and bold etc, so it is more readable once the snippet is a bit longer just a few lines.
Example:
Of course :) I will add this in with the next update.

JoyFreak updated [JoyFreak] Articles Extended (Classic News) with a new update entry:

Added more options

• Option added to select which nodes you want to enable the Articles Extended add-on for.
  • Added padding between article meta and message content on forum view.
  • Center the author in the middle of the text.
  • Added 7 style properties for article view:
    • Adjust article message font size
    • Adjust article quote message font size
    • Adjust the line height of the article message
    • Move tags below author box
    • Remove author user title
    • Remove author stats
    • Remove author...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Example:
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I tried adding bbcode but it currently isn't as easy as that. It kind of defeats the object of it being a snippet only and thus allows a certain amount of characters set by you. The bbcode is also included in the snippet characters which means that the snippet will vary depending on what bbcode you use, it could display 10 words or 100 words and will look inconsistent. If I can work out a better approach, I will take it but for now, I've left this suggestion on the side. I would suggest lowering the snippet number of characters for now.

JoyFreak updated [JoyFreak] Articles Extended (Classic News) with a new update entry:

Added two style properties, schema and custom user fields

• Added style property to add padding around the article message.
  • Added style property to remove post replies from article posts (this was added because of an upcoming free add-on).
  • Added option to enable "NewsArticle" schema for article posts. You can learn more about this schema here.
  • Two custom user fields can be added for:
    • Author name
    • Author about
If you...

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I tried adding bbcode but it currently isn't as easy as that. It kind of defeats the object of it being a snippet only and thus allows a certain amount of characters set by you. The bbcode is also included in the snippet characters which means that the snippet will vary depending on what bbcode you use, it could display 10 words or 100 words and will look inconsistent. If I can work out a better approach, I will take it but for now, I've left this suggestion on the side. I would suggest lowering the snippet number of characters for now.

That's ok Joy, I understand. It's no problem :)

Two new options in style properties

Two new options in style properties:
  • "Enable list view on mobile"
  • "Enable thumbnails"
"Enable thumbnails":
Currently, XenForo uses the full sized images as the cover image of the articles, so on the forum view the page can load slow due to these images. Instead, with the "Enable thumbnails" you can now replace those full sizes images with thumbnails and reduce the page load time. Note: this only works with attachments and not linked images.

"Enable list view on mobile"...

Hello dear,
I use this addon:
is your addon conflict with it? I mean the thread thumbnail will be from youtube and other sites.
I want to install your addon in addition to the (D.C style - thumbnail addon) because it is more extended to show thread snippet.
thank you for your efforts

Hello dear,
I use this addon:
is your addon conflict with it? I mean the thread thumbnail will be from youtube and other sites.
I want to install your addon in addition to the (D.C style - thumbnail addon) because it is more extended to show thread snippet.
thank you for your efforts
Hi,

This add-on gives you options to show the thumbnail of the attached image or to show external images as well as attachments. There's currently a default fallback, if there is neither, the option would be the thread user's avatar.

Hello,

The widget defaults to "latest threads" for the header text/link and I was wondering how I can change this? I changed the widget title to "latest articles" but the link associated with that text still goes to the what's new/latest threads page. Maybe I'm overlooking something but I didn't see a template for the widget associated with the add-on, so not sure if I can edit this specific widget directly. Is there a simple way I can edit the widget header link so it goes to a page of my choice, i.e., my articles forum view page.

Thanks!

Top Bottom