[JoyFreak] Nodes Extended (Modern Forums)

[JoyFreak] Nodes Extended (Modern Forums) [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy (£30.00)

JoyFreak

JoyFreak submitted a new resource:

[JoyFreak] Nodes Extended (Modern Forums) - Modernise your forums with this add-on.

This is a XenForo 2 customisable add-on that allows you to stylise your forum to look modern.

Setup:
Once installed, select the nodes you want this add-on enabled for via options.

Copyright removal:
A simple copyright is added in the footer of the articles page only. This can be disabled without payment. Head to "Template modifications" and turn the switch off for "PAGE_CONTAINER".

Make a node your homepage:
Admin CP: Setup > Options > Basic options > Index page route...

Read more about this resource...

Would it be possible to have a toggle / switch for users so they can choose how to display the threads?

JoyFreak updated [JoyFreak] Nodes Extended (Modern Forums) with a new update entry:

Added options, new style properties, toggle option and more

• Added option to disable and enable the add-on for "New posts" page.
  • Now shows the reaction summary on the list when the "Show reaction summary on lists" option is enabled.
  • Toggle added when enabled to switch between "thread list view" and "card view".
  • Added some more customisable style properties.
  • Style rework to look more slick.
Updated screenshots of add-on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Will this allow us to get the look like on your forum www.joyfreak.com?
This is just an add-on to extend the forum view to look modern than the traditional thread list. I use this add-on on JoyFreak. You can check out the screenshots for detail.

I’ll be releasing more add-ons over the next few weeks which can achieve a similar look minus the brand colours etc. You’ll have to get all of them to get a similar result.

This is just an add-on to extend the forum view to look modern than the traditional thread list. I use this add-on on JoyFreak. You can check out the screenshots for detail.

I’ll be releasing more add-ons over the next few weeks which can achieve a similar look minus the brand colours etc. You’ll have to get all of them to get a similar result.
I look forward to it. I love the look of your board.

Feature Request: If the first post has an image, is it possible to use it for a thumbnail?

Yeah - I'm going to see if I can replicate it with another thumbnail plug in I have, but I'd rather keep add ons to a minimum

JoyFreak updated [JoyFreak] Nodes Extended (Modern Forums) with a new update entry:

Some cool new features and fixes

• Toggle between card view and list view working seamlessly, thanks to @mazzly for the support. This resulted in a rework of the code which worked out a lot better.
  • Card view and list view FA icons added with their tooltips.
  • Moderated threads in card view are now highlighted for better visibility.
  • Thread's first attached image thumbnail now displays in card view with option to enable or disable via style properties.
  • And some other miscellaneous stuff...

Changed the way thumbnails are displayed and some styling adjustments

• Changed the way the thumbnails of attachments are shown to make it more efficient.
  • Fixed a styling issue where the card's content would exceed it's width on mobile.
  • Removed extra white space from the cards to condense the content and look more slick.
  • Fixed issue with prefix font size being larger than normal.
  • Some other miscellaneous styling adjustments and fixes

I've not had time to fully test but from early indications this doesn't work with ignore thread/forum addons like Ignore Content or (TH) Ignore More....and I'm guessing the other ignore addons could be the same.

I've not had time to fully test but from early indications this doesn't work with ignore thread/forum addons like Ignore Content or (TH) Ignore More....and I'm guessing the other ignore addons could be the same.
Thanks for reporting. I’ll test these two add-ons with Nodes Extended and release a compatible version. Anyone else having add-on compatibility issues; just report it here and I’ll look into it :)

Top Bottom