[JoyFreak] Articles Extended (Classic News)

[JoyFreak] Articles Extended (Classic News) 1.3.1

No permission to buy (£30.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Updates duration
12 months (£15 yearly)
Visible branding
Yes, but removable without payment
This is a XenForo 2 customisable add-on that allows you to stylise your articles forum to look like a traditional news display style.

Setup:
Once installed, create a node with "Article" forum type and display style as "Preview".

Copyright removal:
A simple copyright is added in the footer of the articles forum view and thread view. This can be disabled without payment. Head to "Template modifications" and turn the switch off for "PAGE_CONTAINER".

Make articles your homepage:
Admin CP: Setup > Options > Basic options > Index page route > Enter url of the article node

Add widgets to the sidebar:
Create a widget, select "Forum view: Sidebar" and add the following in the "Display condition":
Code:
in_array($xf.reply.containerKey, ['node-X','node-X'])
Note: Change 'X' with the node ID number. The number found at the end of the URL when viewing the node whether via the frontend or backend. Add as many nodes as you want, followed by a comma as seen in the example above.

Coupon:
From 24/12/22 till 07/01/2023 the following coupon will give you £10 off: FESTIVE22

Live example: JoyFreak > News

Support forums: AdminIntel
  • joyfreak-articles-extended-add-on-xenforo-sp.webp
    joyfreak-articles-extended-add-on-xenforo-sp.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 832
  • joyfreak-articles-extended-add-on-xenforo.webp
    joyfreak-articles-extended-add-on-xenforo.webp
    66 KB · Views: 836
Author
JoyFreak
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from JoyFreak

Latest updates

1. Two new options in style properties

If an article does not have an attachment or a linked image, the fallback would be the thread...
  2. Added widget for new articles and some styling adjustments

Added widget definition to display a list of new articles. Simply head over to Widgets > Add...
  3. Added two style properties, schema and custom user fields

Added style property to add padding around the article message. Added style property to remove...

Latest reviews

I recently started using the add-on for my new project on https://ivvvi.cool/community/. So far, I have been very pleased with its performance. It has made my work much more efficient and streamlined, and I have not encountered any issues or bugs. Overall, I would highly recommend this add-on to anyone in need of a reliable and effective solution for their project.
Thank you.
Top Bottom