XenZine Articles [Deleted]

Not currently for custom fields... I can add it as an enhancement

They can edit all other areas, all articles should go through the review queue (submit, review, publish). But I can see a need for moderators to want to update article custom fields even after they are published, so I will added it here

Not currently for custom fields... I can add it as an enhancement

They can edit all other areas, all articles should go through the review queue (submit, review, publish). But I can see a need for moderators to want to update article custom fields even after they are published, so I will added it here
I have some problems with avatar uploading because of this plugin, any solution?

ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/XenZine/ControllerPublic/Account.php:12
#0 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/XenZine/ControllerPublic/Account.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 12, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/*******/Credits/ControllerPublic/Account.php(88): XenZine_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): *******_Credits_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://bbsmit.org/index.php?account/avatar-upload"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["account/avatar-upload"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["delete"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

@realaqu can you confirm it's a xenzine bug by reproducing it at xenzine.com ?

It's possible that another addon does not call the parent and does not pass the parent response through

I have some problems with avatar uploading because of this plugin, any solution?

ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/XenZine/ControllerPublic/Account.php:12
#0 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/XenZine/ControllerPublic/Account.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 12, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/*******/Credits/ControllerPublic/Account.php(88): XenZine_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): *******_Credits_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/bbsmit.org/public/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://bbsmit.org/index.php?account/avatar-upload"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["account/avatar-upload"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["delete"] => string(1) "1"
}
}

It's possible that another addon does not call the parent and does not pass the parent response through

Same error here too every now and then, (user mod side) I'm using user essentials add-on, tapatalk, special avatar for banned users... and nginx. Never really been able to pin what it was, and it's a very infrequent/random error. No one has ever complained about avatar uploading errors either.

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error::$params - library/XenZine/ControllerPublic/Account.php:12
Generated By: A USER

#0 /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/library/XenZine/ControllerPublic/Account.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/srv/www/g...', 12, Array)
#1 /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenZine_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#2 /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(48) "http://forum.domain.com/account/avatar-upload"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/account/avatar-upload"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["use_gravatar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["gravatar"] => string(22) "someuser@mail.com"
    ["avatar_date"] => string(1) "0"
    ["avatar_crop_x"] => string(1) "0"
    ["avatar_crop_y"] => string(2) "24"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/account/external-accounts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:

are you using this site all the time, can not find my username in there, I remembered it is from a different site name, but anyway, when I disable your plugin, everything back to normal.

With a Recent posts section in the sidebar this would be a simple, uncluttered, and colourful front page/ landing page.
This would be an additional option homepage, leaving your main Articles system as it is.
Could you pop that together?

I think this is close to what I was about to ask. I just bought the addon and so far looking great, very poweful I intend to take a couple of days trying stuff.

BUT

My main question is that if I set the home page to article list, how can it be be more than just Category or article images/links?

It would be good for useability and SEO to have some text. So either a text filed specifically for this purpose above or below the category icons. It might just be an article which is shown in full on the home page (though it should not then be duplicated anywhere else).

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and haven't got to know the addon well enough or I missed something here.

Obviously I could do this with some customisation of templates, but I'd prefer not to.

I want to move some of my existing Resources over to articles, so what I need to do is be able to create an article, but as the author of the original resource.

Or Create it as me, then change the authorship.

Is that possible?

Changing Author isn't (but it should be simple to modify this plugin to add it as an enhancement).

I'm currently working on anti-spam plugins, but I will take a look when I get a chance.

Or Create it as me, then change the authorship.
That would get another vote from me! When I recreated all my articles from my WordPress site I ended up owning all 80 of them.

To be able to change the owner (and for them to also get the alerts as well) would be a great feature.

That would get another vote from me! When I recreated all my articles from my WordPress site I ended up owning all 80 of them.

To be able to change the owner (and for them to also get the alerts as well) would be a great feature.
It must be possible by messing with the database, but I really don't feel confident enough to do that.

What a great addon, best £40 I've spent in ages.

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to display the category list or article list in a notice or in another template? (I want to display it on the CTA Featured Threads Portal.

If so how do I do that?

Thanks

What a great addon, best £40 I've spent in ages.

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to display the category list or article list in a notice or in another template? (I want to display it on the CTA Featured Threads Portal.

Or in a widget?

When converting from a thread, is it possible to set the category icon as the article icon without uploading it again from the desktop?

Top Bottom