Resource Manager addon - articles - dev wanted

Morgain

I have been investigating the use of the RM as an Articles manager.
The potential is good with either a few bits of css and Phrase edits, or just one key alteration needed.

RM Article2.webp
All the changes in the mockup are just Phrase edits, css edits, or what will be provided config. except the multiple pages function.
Discussion can still be linked by copying the existing button on the sidebar to other locations.
Downloads could be a pdf or doc version, or maybe a list of articles, with publicity info about the site or its project.

For those who will only ever want articles/ guides/ tutorials of a couple of screens, they will find Phrase edits, css edits, and provided config.will be enough.
But Articles with serious length writing will need multiple pages, with pagination at top and bottom.

So I would like to start gathering those interested before the storm of the RM release takes over.

1. New edit button to "Create new page."
An additional 'Overview' type page is created.
2. Multiple pages paginate top and bottom. (Hide tabs.)
(Discuss is still on the sidebar button, can easily be copied into the main area of the page)
3. New edit links appear for the author -
- to edit the selected page viewed - button is bottom of content, with confirm popup;
- to delete the selected page viewed- button is bottom of content, with confirm popup;
- the existing Edit becomes edit the shell of the article (the title, strapline preview text etc)
4. Permissions are not affected as these extra pages come under the same permission to create a Resource/ Article which already exists.

It would be good to be able to insert a new page in the sequence of pagination.

Yeah, pagination is very important for long articles. I prefer to keep the option to upload files (pdf copies of the articles, etc). Sidebar widgets showing latest/popular/most viewed articles that are in the same (sub)category as the article being viewed would be very nice.

Yeah, pagination is very important for long articles. I prefer to keep the option to upload files (pdf copies of the articles, etc). Sidebar widgets showing latest/popular/most viewed articles that are in the same (sub)category as the article being viewed would be very nice.

I think your sidebar widget would not be a problem.
Template include, inserting this in the RM sidebar, using the code from the existing RM tabs.

Reactions: MrC
Oh dear the waiting is getting uncomfortable ALREADY and still a whole week tp go.
I am trying to be sensible and mature that the time will be used to make the RM more beautiful but the child voice is starting to call want want!

Reactions: MrC
Top Bottom