XenZine Articles [Deleted]

If I'm honest, that was just something I missed, since not having category images was a scenario I thought unlikely (although it remains as an ACP option).. but yes, it would be simple to clean up, and the button to select categories is now there (so the list of categories in the 1st item is not as necessary), I'll see what I can do

It's still on the to do list, but might take a little work

It did seem a bit of an odd design choice when everything else looks pretty awesome, it stood out like a sore thumb. Great to hear you are taking feedback onboard. Think you got a gem of a mod here mate. Refinement here and there and if possible the multi-categories and displaying child in parents, and you'll really have an WP rival here.

@tenants ,

Seem to have found a bug - Despite having set the Article forums for threads etc, if I attempt to link an existing thread to an article, I get the error - ERROR: THREAD IS NOT IN AN ARTICLE FORUM.

I've triple checked everything - Thread ID, Article forums etc and different threads to see if it was a bad thread ID it didn't like. It simply isn't working. Bit of a bugger!

@Thom Tyler Are you using a "Default Article Forum" or have you specified a "Forum Association" for your Article Category?

Try editing a category and adding the forum association:

upload_2014-4-24_17-16-46.webp

Nope it's not working, still errors. Very bizarre. I'll fire over some Developer credentials for you to take a look at. Defo seems to be a bug.

It's a fairly basic check, and there doesn't look like there is anything wrong with the code (apart from those messages needing to be phrased!) :

Code:
        $thread_id = $this->_input->filterSingle('thread_id', XenForo_Input::UINT);
        $defaultArticleForum  = $options->xzArticleForum;
        $extraArticleForums =  explode("," , $options->xzExtraArticleForums); // defined by your article categories

if(!$defaultArticleForum && !$extraArticleForums)
        {
            throw $this->getErrorOrNoPermissionResponseException('You have not defined any Article Forums');
        }

$articleForum = ($options->xzArticleForum ? $options->xzArticleForum[0] : 0);
        // check which forum the thread is in, then check that it is an article forum

if($thread['node_id'] != $articleForum && !in_array($thread['node_id'] , $extraArticleForums))
        {
            throw $this->getErrorOrNoPermissionResponseException('This Thread is not in an Article Forum, please move the thread to an Article Forum before association');
        }

(That's the warning you are seeing, isn't it?)

The only thing I can think of, is that the thread has no node id (that would be strange, and probably wouldn't appear in any forum, so I doubt its that ), is this just a standard thread or was it imported with a 3rd party importer.
Does this happen with all threads, can you send me an ACP user with xenzine permissions to try this on your board

Oh, yes there is something wrong, I think it was a minor change I made (to include default article forums)... and missed out a line, $thread is not defined above... grr. I'll fix that now

A simple fix, I just need to add:

Code:
$thread = $this->_getThreadModel()->getThreadById($thread_id);

Some how that got missed out in a change I made

I may need to make a quick release to send out this fix

Last edited:
How come category URL's aren't using mod_rewrite?

thevault/?category=books&id=276

Also, on the category list page, when removing the category block by changing option to 0, it removes the latest articles as well. I didn't see a point in it displaying category block, then a list of categories, then latest articles. I just wanted to to show the default categories list, followed by the latest articles block.

Are you sure category permissions are correct?

I have a secondary user group who can submit articles +1 (permission)
In one category, I don't want them submitting, so I remove create permission -1 (permission)
I want staff only to create articles in that category, so gave them allow +1 (permission)

For staff, that works out at a plus one Allow - Revoke - Allow

It seems your Revoke is over-powering Allow totally, acting like Never.

Keywords doesn't seem to work correctly either. It doesn't matter whether I use options space or none, when entering any keyword / phrase, it strips them all down to words, even when a phrase is between commas.

If I enter: keyword, keyword phrase, another word,

I will get: keyword phrase another word, each as unique tags. It doesn't keep multiple words together that define a phrase for a tag.

Resource box is cutting characters at a defined amount instead of respecting the options setting.

I have the options set to 2000 words and it's cutting the below off at item 4, word complex:

Code:
1. Taylor, The Guilford Press, 2006, [I]Clinician's Guide To PTSD: A Cognitive Behavioral Approach, pgs 32-36[/I]
2. Kira, 2001, [I][URL='https://www.myptsd.com/c/gallery/-pdf/1-88.pdf']Taxonomy of Trauma and Trauma Assessment[/URL][/I]
3. Jones, 1969, [I][URL='https://www.myptsd.com/c/gallery/-pdf/1-89.pdf']A Factored Measure of Ellis' Irrational Belief System, with Personality and Maladjustment Correlates[/URL][/I]
4. Herman, 1992, [URL='https://www.myptsd.com/c/gallery/-pdf/1-90.pdf']Complex PTSD: A Syndrome in Survivors of Prolonged and Repeated Trauma[/URL]

It still cut it off after cutting it right back....

Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 8.12.56 pm.webp

Last edited:
How come category URL's aren't using mod_rewrite?
That one is on the to-do list
Keywords doesn't seem to work correctly either.
I've just added an enhancement for tag options:
http://xenzine.com/threads/keywords-tags-should-be-separated-by-a-comma-not-a-space.461/#post-3076
Are you sure category permissions are correct?
I will look into your scenario and get back to you on this one

Resource box is cutting characters at a defined amount instead of respecting the options setting.
I have the options set to 2000 words and it's cutting the below off at item 4, word complex:
I see, it's the resource box input textarea that is limiting (to 500 chars), just fixed:
http://xenzine.com/threads/resource-box-is-always-limited-to-500-chars.478/
http://xenzine.com/articles/my-avatar-is-a-very-dark-shade.1952/

Last edited:
Oh... when does the next release come out, roughly, with the fixes? Or are they already in the same version available, and we can just upload the files for overwrite?

The update can be downloaded from here
Upgrade instructions are at the bottom of this resource

tenants updated XenZine Articles with a new update entry:

More order and fixes

• Options to order Alphabetically
  • Options to order by Publish Ddate
  • Can now turn off the Image Categories Carousel in the Article List
  • Options to separate keyword/tags by space / comma
  • Fix related to Resource box cutting characters
  • Fix related to linking to existing threads

Read the rest of this update entry...

Such a lovely script, and so much hard work is clearly put into this. Therefore, it is a bit pity it does not support the widget framework, which should be a rather easy thing to add. I still hope widget support is added someday, and then I will be in the shop.

@tenants for the last few version i have had a odd bug where sometimes the article images do no load and you have to reload the page a few times to bring them back, only for them to go again.
Here is a video of it happening on the out of the box Xenforo theme.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Address to script: http://www.yourpshome.net/article/

It happens in chrome, firefox and so on.

Edit:
Done some testing and it seems its a problem due to the Defer JS, addon: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/defer-js.2972/

Is there any script files i can list to not be deferred?

Such a lovely script, and so much hard work is clearly put into this. Therefore, it is a bit pity it does not support the widget framework, which should be a rather easy thing to add. I still hope widget support is added someday, and then I will be in the shop.

www.Xenzine.com has its very own perfect Sidebar.... and @tenants is even going to improve on it in future versions.

I actually un-installed the "bd Widget Framework"-Addon because it has some flaws.

:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom