XenZine Articles [Deleted]

@tenants for the last few version i have had a odd bug where sometimes the article images do no load and you have to reload the page a few times to bring them back, only for them to go again.
Here is a video of it happening on the out of the box Xenforo theme.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Address to script: http://www.yourpshome.net/article/

It happens in chrome, firefox and so on.

Edit:
Done some testing and it seems its a problem due to the Defer JS, addon: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/defer-js.2972/

Is there any script files i can list to not be deferred?

Much of the laying out requires script (to give the Masonry - Pintrest layout), so deferring this will cause issues. But if you can list script not to defer, then try this:

The ones you need to definitely not defer are:
jquery.min.js
js/globalscript/jquery.isotope.tenants.min.js
js/globalscript/jquery.carouFredSel-6.2.1-packed.tenantsmod.js

The others you might need to not defer are:
js/xenzine/articlelist.min.js (I'm not sure)
js/xenforo/xenforo.js (I don't think this should be needed until page load)
js/globalscript/jquery.infinitescroll.min.js (I don't think this should be needed until page load)

I can't tell you for certain which ones, but if I didn't need to use the core system, I would definitely defer jquery.infinitescroll.min.js, articlelist.min.js, xenforo.js since these are not needed for layout (the rest might be)

Last edited:
@Carla Birch I've see a couple of issues with that page

1) The buttons in the carousel don't quite fit, what style are you using
2) The order button doesn't appear when non pimped

You can tick the "pimp-me-xenzine" option in the ACP and it will fix your issues, but I'll try and look into these issue now (once I know what style that is)

@Carla Birch I've see a couple of issues with that page

1) The buttons in the carousel don't quite fit, what style are you using
2) The order button doesn't appear when non pimped

You can tick the "pimp-me-xenzine" option in the ACP and it will fix your issues, but I'll try and look into these issue now (once I know what style that is)
1) I think that might be due to a edit i made myself, why they show like that.
2) The text links are now icons on my site, this swapped once i ticked to show the by publish date on the bar.

The style is a edited version of http://xenforo.com/community/resources/ui-x.2239/
But it's no problem, I'm sure the buttons are due to my own edits.

Has for the Defer, i have turned that addon off for now, but i can block scripts from being moved with it, but it says this "Enter a unique string of text from any script tags which should not be moved. One per line."

2) The text links are now icons on my site, this swapped once i ticked to show the by publish date on the bar.
"

That's correct, its not possible to fit all 6 links on that bar. So if more than 4 order links are used, they are automatically switched to icons
The actual button that is not showing is related to mobile view (when non pimped), this is something I will need to fix... but can be avoided by just ticking the pimp-me-xenzine option

Has for the Defer, i have turned that addon off for now, but i can block scripts from being moved with it, but it says this "Enter a unique string of text from any script tags which should not be moved. One per line."

For the three strings, try this:

ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js
js/globalscript/jquery.isotope.tenants.min.js
js/globalscript/jquery.carouFredSel-6.2.1-packed.tenantsmod.js

The juery might be different, it might be
js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js
or
ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js
... depends what version of xf you are using, and if it's local

To be perfectly honest, you don't want to use the DeferJS add-on, because it actually causes more harm than it does good in relation to even standard XF features working correctly. Images stop showing up and all sorts of things depending on your XF settings, let alone the problems I found with it in add-ons such as this, xengallery and others. Creating new items was ok, but editing them that add-on caused issues because the JS wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Mike... gotta say mate... this is one of the "best" ever add-ons I've seen for XF to date... and I've been here since the beginning. This is the best article system seen to date. S*it... even XF could take pointers from your work on this IF they ever release their own CMS.

I just installed the latest version and got this in the error log... Anything to worry about?

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected 'cache' (T_STRING) -library/XenZine/Model/Perms.php:101
Generated By: Cooper, 25 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(57) "http://zroadster.org/threads/water-in-boot-of-my-z3.4701/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

It looks like just an upgrade error (you will only have seen this on upgrading)

For instance, a user access xenzine while an incomplete upgrade is in process, (accessed while you've updated the files, but not yet run the xml update)

Having said that, most upgrades won't see these sorts of errors any more, since when the files do not match the xml, I stop xenzine using an upgrade message.
There is one area that doesn't get this message, and that's threads (which looks like they have hit), so I will add the message there too (but only for threads that are linked to articles)

Last edited:
Thanks for the new version!

One suggestion: It would be great if you could combine your tags with the addon XenTag, so that we can find articles and threads with the tag search of this addon. It's a bit weird for the users to have two different kind of tags.

I just purchased and did a fresh install. For some reason, I'm not seeing any options under the XenZine Articles heading in my admin panel. I uninstalled, downloaded a fresh copy, and installed again. Same issue.

The front (user) end seems to be working perfectly. I can also see and set XenZine options (under the admin "Options" drop-down) and set usergroup permissions. I just can't view or use any of the options that should be appearing under the XenZine menu in the admincp sidebar.

Did I miss a step somewhere? Or are the options located somewhere else now?

If not, do you know what could be causing this?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-05-08 at 2.20.28 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-05-08 at 2.20.28 PM.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If you are not logging in with your super-admin you will need to give yourself the permissions (users >> Administrators):

upload_2014-5-9_8-17-12.webp

XenZine article areas are permission based (so you can give your mods access to separate areas)

Top Bottom