XenZine Articles [Deleted]

Number 1:
It is possible to associate an existing article to an existing thread, this was meant to be fairly straight forward (so my apologies if it isn't).

There are really 3 pre-requisites for this
1) You must have the permission to associate articles to threads
2) You must make sure the category that you have added the article to has an associated forum (or you use a default article forum)
3) (you will find this out when you try to add the thread) You must make sure the thread has been moved into that associated forum

Simply put: If your article has been added to a category the does not allow threads, you cant associate it to an existing / new thread
View attachment 53863

I tried all of the above but still got this error: "This Thread is not in an Article Forum, please move the thread to an Article Forum before association". I have permission to associate articles. The category has an associated forum and the thread is in the forum... I also tried: create a new article, remove thread association, then link back to the thread that I removed but I got the same error.

Is it possible to have categories to have their own specific Article Forum?

Yes, each category can have their own article forums, images and settings:

upload_2014-1-15_10-42-46.webp

Also, categories can also have their own permissions (so you can make it private), you can add permissions for groups or users (similar to forum nodes)
upload_2014-1-15_10-41-2.webp

Top rated article
Most viewed article
Most discussed article
Top writer
Most liked writer

Those blocks will make my members to write more, for sure.

Custom Fields are not until the next version
Can we have an option for this:
* Promote a thread (which currently available) but instead of creating a new article it just use the current thread as the article (i.e similar to XenPorta). It would ask for the person who promoted the thread to give the article image (to show on the article list).
* Optional: Change the layout of the promoted thread.

I like the category and article list layout but personally prefer the simpler approach for articles.

I'm testing some things, related to how the Article List loads

One of the biggest draw backs of lazy loading (infinite scroll) is that it's often impossible to get the footer.

I've implemented a semi infinite scroll (the 1st time, a button needs to be pushed)

Do people need an option for this, will people still want full infinite scroll, instead of semi-infinite scroll ?

Test here (push "more articles" at the bottom) http://xenzine.com/

I'm testing some things, related to how the Article List loads

One of the biggest draw backs of lazy loading (infinite scroll) is that it's often impossible to get the footer.

I've implemented a semi infinite scroll (the 1st time, a button needs to be pushed)

Do people need an option for this, will people still want full infinite scroll, instead of semi-infinite scroll ?

Test here (push "more articles" at the bottom) http://xenzine.com/
Option would be great.

So i just installed this and I have to say I love it a lot! I was debating if I want to get Showcase over this but I didnt regret my choice. I especially love the thread to article converter!!!!

I was hoping to use this as my homepage, but I decided to stick with XenPorta for now since I rather have the homepage be news/blog like rather than pinterest style; therefore I created my own blocks to pull articles from xenzine to xenporta.

I also had to modify the core a little bit to have articles show up as alphabetical and allow article images with width that is twice the size of the height be uploaded.

I do see some bugs here and there (mostly phrases) and I do have suggestions, so expect me to bring those up soon hehe.

tenants, as this product is getting soul reason for my members to come, I need some edits around. Hope you would help me.

Lets see my example here,

1. Look, I am reading an article written by TEST. Instead of showing my avatar & details, How can I show TEST's details up there?

2. How can I put an side bar something like "More articles from TEST"?

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 17
hello,

i want ask: is theire a chance that we become a better layout for the article list? i hate it, if all articles has a other sice. for me that looks like a chaos site. i like the design from showcase and from the xenmediagallery, where all article cards have the same size.

http://addons.nfljunkies.com/showcase/
http://xenmediagallery.com/media/albums

on these mods, you can see - that all article-cards have the same size. i like that, that looks good.

if yes, i will buy your mod. sorry for my bad english.

Top Bottom