XenZine Articles [Deleted]

hi tenants, is there any chance that this feature will be added soon? :)

I second or third :rolleyes: the idea of more compact displays (text or smaller image and blurb) of articles. It would then be able to fit more navigation is less space, very important for mobile as well as desktop.

Between that and real image wrap (maybe needs to be in core), that's about all I need to start basing my articles on something like this.

It would be the wrong way around (counter productive) to do this next

I'm currently updating xenzine articles to include custom fields. Before adding "optional list views" I will look at changing the base scripts

That's not rephrasing, use the route filters for that one.
Sure, how to use the route filters?

I am facing another issue here, if you rephrase "Article Image", That Question image goes missing. How to keep that?

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 5
Just go to Home > Route Filters, and replace /xz-articles with /mysite_articles or whatever you want it to be.

Is there a way to display the "reviews" and "discussion" tabs at the bottom of the article too, instead of just at the top? It seems to me it's logical to have them where people will end reading each article.

Facebook like from created thread is just fine. But I am facing an issue from articles. It really does link the article, but showing forums home. Meaning showing forum home in facebook, but when you click it, its taking to the article. Has anyone went through this issue?

Another thing, how do you know the article view count?
That's an enhancement I'm currently working on

Facebook like from created thread is just fine. But I am facing an issue from articles. It really does link the article, but showing forums home. Meaning showing forum home in facebook, but when you click it, its taking to the article. Has anyone went through this issue?
Do you mean the like link is directing you to the article, but the text is saying "forum home"?

Hi tenants, please also answer this one :)
I really can't tell by looking at it, when I have a chance I will try to install it

I'm still working on custom fields at the moment

This looks fantastic and I'm very interested in purchasing. Could you please tell me:

1) Will the custom fields be searchable?

2) Is there an easy way to change the word "articles" to something different, like "stories?"

3) Is there any way to subscribe to or follow an author? For instance, if an author you like posts a new article, can you automatically receive notification?

4) What is the ETA of the next release (if it's close enough to give an ETA)

Any info is appreciated. :)

1) Yes (filterable and searchable), currently you can see the filterable custom field "County" when selecting the filter button here: xenzine.com
- I still have to add it to the searchable index (not complete)

2) Yes, all words should be phrased and can be updated with the phrase manager

3) Not an author, at least not yet. You can follow a category, but not an author... maybe in a latter version (once I've complete something related).

4) I can't really say, there is still much to do, I would like to include a few more things for next version
less than 2 Months more than a week. Sorry, I can't be more accurate than that.

No, currently the one at xenzine.com is the next version (not yet released), it has a few custom filed tests, such as custom tables: http://xenzine.com/articles/mini-v-linear-actuator-build.203/#part_list_test_1
Lovely lovely lovely! Thank you. Timeframe is fine by me.
I just got preoccupied (setting up my PhD) and missed this gorgeous post! Happiness.

Are the columns custom to a Category? or global?

I would rather the Link was a Read more ... at the end of the Comment field. So IF there is a Link completed, it displays either at end of Comment text, or stands alone in the Comment field.

Suggest you make this an additional fee as it's such a lot of work for you. For those of us who want it it's well worth it.

Sending enthusiastic hugs if that suits you, otherwise just three cheers.

Top Bottom