Xenforo Review system - Would you invest

Save you money, you have heard of GARS for vBulletin well I will have an alpha/beta of MARS (MyArticleAndReviewSystem) which will be ready for alpha testing by September 1st. Yes 1.5 months to wait but the end result will be a great article and review system. The current price being looked at is $50 but I will start a donation phase like I have done for MyGallery.

So its September 24, any news on the GARS/MARS project?

A great feature of a Review addon is to somehow get google to show the star rating on the google results.
reviews.stars.on.google.results.webp
See the little yellow stars ? Must be some Microdata ?

Yes, they are microdata. Google doesn't show the rating for XF addons.
I'm looking forward to bobster65 Reviews addon.

I generally only invest in larger third party add-ons like this if it's a well established company of which I'm sure it will keep supporting it forever or at least until it becomes a core feature.

Yes, they are microdata. Google doesn't show the rating for XF addons.
I'm looking forward to bobster65 Reviews addon.
Bob: I started a thread on your support site.
http://addons.nfljunkies.com/threads/reviews-addon.263/
It's 2013 and I think it's time that we have a fully-featured review system. What do you say? ;)
If Bob decides to make a Reviews Addon .... I think Crowd sourcing it would work. (No idea if he'd be interested in that).

More Review Addon information / interest

----------------------------------------------------
Review Script for Product Reviews: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/review-script-for-product-reviews.6927
[Suggestion] Review content - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-review-content.3236/

I've replied to those threads asking people to make suggestions here.

I see Alfa1 has suggestions :)

Alfa1 said:
Something similar to iReviews, GARS, jReviews and that will allow us to create our own review section, similar to tripadvisor, hotels.com, GSMarena.com, amazon.com, CNET, etc.​
A review is basically the same as an article, but has custom fields functions, possibility to add predefined questions to those fields and rating functions. The author gives ratings. Users can respond to the review with comments and with ratings. This yields an average user rating.​
  • Reviews should have different sections, so you could for example have sections for movie reviews, restaurant reviews and product reviews.
  • permissions per section
  • The overview of reviews of each section, should allow for different display options, to be set by the admin.
  • Reviews should have:
  • Author ratings, with pretty AJAX stars, bars and other pretty rating scales.
  • Member ratings
  • Combined rating averages.
  • Rating value should have an alt text. For example: if you choose to have ratings with 1 - 5 stars, then hovering over a 5 star rating could state 'excellent', while hovering over a 1 star rating could stat
  • Admins should be able to define rating questions and custom fields.
  • Custom fields should allow:
    1. fields that work like tags. i.e. clicking on the word 'spaghetti' in a custom field would lead to all restaurants that serve spaghetti.
    2. fields with AJAX autofill functions.
    3. single line text fields
    4. multiple line text fields
    5. mandatory fields
    6. tickbox fields
    7. payment methods icons
  • Google maps integration.
  • amazon.com affiliate integration
  • allow paid listing trough subscriptions and paid expanded listings. (when paid for more custom fields become visible)
  • Ability to compare prices of all vendors that sell product X
  • Summary charts for all restaurants that serve Y. i.e. a table that lists those restaurant, with the data from custom fields, as the admin defines.
  • Search for restaurants that have specific data in custom fields X, Y and Z.
Reposted from here.

If reviews would be in the Resource Manager or if they are connected to the RM in the same way that discussions are then my very long want list becomes a lot shorter:
  • Reviews should have different settings per category, so you could for example have sections for movie reviews, restaurant reviews and product reviews.
  • permissions per section
  • The overview of reviews of each section, should allow for different display options, to be set by the admin.
  • A store like display option.
  • Option to choose to only have editor rating functions or only user rating functions or both.
  • Optional 'Buy now' button for affiliate products.
  • Navigation treeview menu widget to display categories.
  • A review can be in multiple categories/sections.
  • Reviews should have:
  • Author ratings, with pretty AJAX stars, bars and other pretty rating scales. Author ratings can be turned off.
  • Member ratings. Member ratings can be turned off.
  • Combined rating averages.
  • Rating value should have an alt text. For example: if you choose to have ratings with 1 - 5 stars, then hovering over a 5 star rating could state 'excellent', while hovering over a 1 star rating could stat
  • Admins should be able to define rating questions and custom fields.
  • Custom fields should allow:
    1. fields that work like tags. i.e. clicking on the word 'spaghetti' in a custom field would lead to all restaurants that serve spaghetti.
    2. fields with AJAX autofill functions.
    3. single line text fields
    4. multiple line text fields
    5. mandatory fields
    6. tickbox fields
    7. payment methods icons
  • Images with text wrap and image caption
  • Image carousel or another solution to allow a large number of images to be displayed.
  • Google maps integration. (show/browse all vendors/hotels/restaurants on a map)
  • Product video playing inline (youtube, vimeo, etc)
  • Amazon.com & other major affiliate network integration (automatically pull prices from Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon and add affiliateID to purchase link)
  • Automatic population of fields from amazon/other affiliate networks by ISBN or productID: image, product title, author, description, product details(up to weight)
  • Allow paid listing trough subscriptions and paid expanded listings. When a user pays for an expanded listing more custom fields become visible. For example: url, extended description, products & prices, offers, photos, Google maps, logo, etc.
  • A 'featured' widget that shows x companies. Companies can buy a listing in this widget.
  • Integration with a payment gateway
  • Allow users to claim listings. (for example: a restaurant owner can claim the listing for his restaurant and buy features for it)
  • When users claim listings or when listing owners buy expanded listings, first then let them agree to T&C.
  • After the user has agreed to it, also send a notification by email that they have agreed to the T&C.
  • Setting to moderate all edits & content posted by listing owners. (to avoid spam & unwanted content)
  • Allow users to post feedback to reviewed company. (visible in the listing, but separated from normal comments)
  • If the listing is claimed, then send this feedback to the owner. (email/pm) This feature can be bought by the listing owner.
  • Permission setting to hide comments to listing owner.
  • Permission setting to hide listings not owned by user.
  • Ability to compare prices of all vendors that sell product X
  • Summary charts for all restaurants that serve Y. i.e. a table that lists those restaurant, with the data from custom fields, as the admin defines.
  • Search for restaurants that have specific data in custom fields X, Y and Z.
  • Use rich snippets so that Google will show reviews & ratings
  • GARS importer

Seems like you want more of a store.....

Might have to throw down some serious cash for something like that...

Top Bottom