XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, didnt even notice it was running XF2 when I visited this morning (altho lack of sleep may be somewhat to blame :P)

Only one thing I was a bit surprised about. That you're still supporting PHP 5.4. It's worth noting that if you're still on PHP 5.X you really shouldn't be. Disappointed that you're not taking advantage of some of the PHP 7 features but hopefully you'll be able to get back up to a position of prominence pretty quickly :)

Re: emoji support...

It will be a separate process and optional. We will provide the means to do it if you want to.

Is a method ready for this yet? I want to try this on our test database. Searched around but did not see a specific thread about it as of yet.

You guys weren't kidding when you said releases might be faster when the beta process starts. At the third beta already - good job.

It's not really policy -- it is what we have done with the previous beta and also in past betas, but the release schedule can vary.

The estimate would vary depending on how many outstanding bugs there are, how many new bugs are reported between releases, and what items remain on our to do list etc.

It wouldn't be right to give an estimate at this point, but I will say it is very much a target to have a stable release before the end of the year.

Of course people taking part in the beta, albeit in test conditions, is very much so a way to help us expedite the process. The quicker that bugs are found (particularly major ones) the quicker we can declare stable and make the release happen.

for an average user's feedback, that pair of buttons "New post" & "Post thread" looks like some shoddy patchwork done in hurry (neither both are of equal nor matching sidebar width below collectively)
whenever you guys get some time off more important stuff,please try a lil bit of polishing if not bringing dedicated post creation block like "fb's status update dramatics" at index.

for an average user's feedback, that pair of buttons "New post" & "Post thread" looks like some shoddy patchwork done in hurry (neither both are of equal nor matching sidebar width below collectively)
whenever you guys get some time off more important stuff,please try a lil bit of polishing if not bringing dedicated post creation block like "fb's status update dramatics" at index.

I agree that it looks like a bit of a quick hack rather than a well-thought out implementation.

Reactions: Xon
anybody else finding member card to member tooltip transition,underwhelming?
though its neat and functional but not doing justice to Avatar updates by users:p Avatar should be shifted above the blue block to appear in full glory with like/comment hover options (comment may add up at user profile).
and whats more strange is that no add-on developer/stylist ever came up with creative member cards alone add-on,they are more inclined to bind & sell package as themes whereas a lot more is there to be done for such things making xenforo beautiful with modular approach.would love to see such full blown comprehensive addons catering to different parts of xen2.0, like membercard/editor/navigation/postblocks/Inbox/thread composer/some Status Update addon like FB for index page etc. bringing more of colors,style and fun to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom