1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by XenForo, Jul 30, 2014.

1. XenForo

XenForo Company Info Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
    yavuz, MstrfBlng, maszd and 218 others like this.
  2. mjda

mjda Active Member

Sweet!! :D

kamal zia likes this.
  3. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued.

You mentioned framework, is Zend still a part of that? From an addon standpoint, how much stuff will be different? Still using DataWriters, for example?

4. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

And thank you for making the best forum software out there.;)

Cyb3r, mmcguire, jflory7 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jay

Jay Active Member

The "Like" button should be replaced with a "Love" button for the first post.

Mihailo, Bdrunkz, ideenwerk and 8 others like this.
  6. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

This is brilliant news, and I'm really, really looking forward to what new features XF 2.0 will have now we can allow for backwards compatibility breaks :) I would love it if developers can get more features that allow us to work closer to a "modern" workflow - I'm using SASS/Grunt heavily these days and I love how painless they make development. Being able to commit my custom add-ons into their Git repositories without having to symlink the js/, library/ and styles/ folders within would be lovely too..

That said, XF 1.x s still the finest community platform (the forums are but a minor part of my site!) I have ever had the pleasure to work with, the support the quickest and most helpful, and easily the most flexible and powerful platform to build upon. Bravo.

ForestForTrees, Luke F and Kier like this.
  7. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

Redactor editor or any, should be easy to include any jQuery plugins there. Microsoft, google and/or, there are other many 3rd party company that give us transliteration services but none of them is easy to integrate with our xenforo editor. For example, I go to at least 15 fine coders here to hire to include this into our xenforo editor. How come all of them got failed!

8. Weydigo

Weydigo Member

For XenForo 2.0, I would love to have a system of themes better organized (such as IP.Board 4.0). The current one is really too complicated and very poorly organized...

oO5 Dynasty and Vicotex like this.
  9. Velli

Velli Active Member

Fantastic!

10. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I look forward to seeing what XF 2.0.0 has to offer... Although I'm dreading having to re-learn how to make addons for it... ;)

Surely that should be 'is appropriate for an x.X-level release'?

Liam

Jay likes this.
  11. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Pascal?

12. Sim

Sim Well-Known Member

Addons as Packagist packages - w00t! :p

lol768, Fuhrmann and iPokz like this.
  13. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

awesome news !!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

14. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Nice! Exactly what a major version should be.

15. Recep Baltaş

Recep Baltaş Well-Known Member

I am using PHP 5.4.30 and the minimum PHP should be 5.4, Not 5.3. You guys should push the web forward!

16. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Floyd R Turbo and Steve F like this.
  17. euantor

euantor Well-Known Member

A PHP version requirement to >5.3 will be very welcome. Hopefully that means proper name spacing :)

Iversia, Liam W and Walter like this.
  18. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Such a great post with good insight. I would love to see if developers could apply to early access with a major release. Signing an NDA wouldn't be an issue of course.

brstrm, oO5 Dynasty, Xon and 4 others like this.
  19. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

(It would be for those under 18. Unless they allow parent countersignatories.)

20. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

That would definetely be nice and would help with everyone that needs to port larger add ons.

Steve F likes this.