XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey... inline code bb code is funky...
It is!!! I replied before I saw your post and wasn't really thinking about how the code bbcode works right now, I only thought about the way it displays after I read your post and went "huh, yeah inline bbcode is kinda funky". Please accept my most humble apologies :D Now gimme more!

While I'm here:-

Please, to stop making me cringe every time I see it, put these buttons either inside the container or outside of it... but not on the line.. it's just wrong!

buttons2.webp buttons1.webp

I'm back - apologies for the double posts, but it's a separate thing to the last one :)

share this page.webp
Are they using FA images? Are they customisable, can we use different images? Enquiring minds want to know. I've moaned a few times (don't think I did on the forum, but at people in general :D) about the fact I wanted to replace the Share This Page images because they're so ugly . . . are you going to make me happy?

Also, the post id and date being moved to the top is a nice touch. So many little things that I no longer have to change for myself.

Last edited:
In the first SS of forum home, the Moderator menu is shown in the top left. Out of curiosity, if one clicked on that menu, what moderator actions would appear? It's in the SS, so I had to ask as I never seen it mentioned here, if it was, then my sincere and humble apologies to all participants in this thread*, :p

*I don't really mean it, it was just a fun sentence to write.

I'm back - apologies for the double posts, but it's a separate thing to the last one :)

View attachment 139399
Are they using FA images? Are they customisable, can we use different images? Enquiring minds want to know. I've moaned a few times (don't think I did on the forum, but at people in general :D) about the fact I wanted to replace the Share This Page images because they're so ugly . . . are you going to make me happy?

Also, the post id and date being moved to the top is a nice touch. So many little things that I no longer have to change for myself.
They are FA icons. It should be trivial to replace them with images or other icons using CSS.

In the first SS of forum home, the Moderator menu is shown in the top left. Out of curiosity, if one clicked on that menu, what moderator actions would appear? It's in the SS, so I had to ask as I never seen it mentioned here, if it was, then my sincere and humble apologies to all participants in this thread*, :p

*I don't really mean it, it was just a fun sentence to write.
We did mention it a few pages back, but this thread is pretty tricky to follow fully :) Inside the Moderator menu are always available links to the report center and moderation queue. If you have items awaiting approval, or reports, the slightly more familiar links with the item counts will sit to the left of the menu.

Other add-ons will be able to hide their moderator based links in the menu, and maybe only bring them out when there's something interesting, so hopefully it will save a bit of screen real estate.

They are FA icons. It should be trivial to replace them with images or other icons using CSS.

We did mention it a few pages back, but this thread is pretty tricky to follow fully :) Inside the Moderator menu are always available links to the report center and moderation queue. If you have items awaiting approval, or reports, the slightly more familiar links with the item counts will sit to the left of the menu.

Other add-ons will be able to hide their moderator based links in the menu, and maybe only bring them out when there's something interesting, so hopefully it will save a bit of screen real estate.

Is it possible to change what is included there? Our staff hate and/or don't understand the report centre but we've always had a "staff forum" and a reported posts forum. Could those be linked there instead?

@Chris D
Will be implemented in XenForo 2.0 nested quotes?
Last two years before upgrading I have to change library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php

Find:
$quote = $postModel->getQuoteTextForPost($post);

Replace:
$quote = $postModel->getQuoteTextForPost($post, -1);

Also, will be finally implemented automatically insert space before and after smilie in post (after post is published)?

Generally speaking, unless you're referring to something specifically shown in a screenshot or related to an element we discussed in a development update, you should show your desire for a particular feature via the suggestions forum. We gauge interest for features from there. Even if it is something we've touched on in a development update, specific suggestions should go in the suggestion forum so they can have a better discussion than in this thread; the widget suggestions are a good example of this.

As XenForo 2.0's not available and still in heavy development, we aren't necessarily going to talk about features and elements that we haven't shown yet.

It's standard markup in a template, so you could adjust it to include links to anything you like really.

Excellent. Along similar lines, would it be possible to display the number of unread posts in the staff forum as one of the counters? At the minute we used an addon for that (Staffroom Unread I think) but it can be very useful for some forums.

Will there be any automatic conversion of syntax while upgrading if you have a custom style?
I believe I read there won't be any sort of conversion system from the current XF 1.x styles to the new 2.x styles, which is understandable considering how much is different under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom