XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right @Mike it is veering towards that topic, but it's also relevant to the upcoming release of XF2 too in as much as it's not really the software at fault but the people in general using the Internet and those asking for XF2 to be changed to accommodate these people; which, IMHO, is not really necessary as it would veer the software more towards another FB/Twitter clone and lose the essence of what a forum site represents and would still fail to attract people (which is what all the hoohah is about). It's great to tweak things and make them easier to use for those who are lacking in the skills or wherewithal to use the software, but to undermine the format of a forum would be a loss not a gain.

Just my two-penneth's worth lol.

;)

Noticing the new icons for additional social media networks, any chance we'll see those additional networks supported 'out of the box' with some stock BB codes for embedding stuff like Tweets? :whistle:
s9e extension does a fine job and its updated frequently and if you find one that is not supported they are open to discussion to add it :)

s9e extension does a fine job and its updated frequently and if you find one that is not supported they are open to discussion to add it :)
I am inquiring about stock features, not an add-on. If I was interested in an add-on I'd just update the ones I've already done for the 1.x series. ;) On a different note... remember that add-ons like that will likely need to be updated to the 2.x code base.

For the most part, discussion about features which you would like to see should take place inside Suggestion threads.

I believe there has been suggestions created about similar concepts in the past, so the discussion for that should continue there.

For the most part, discussion about features which you would like to see should take place inside Suggestion threads.

I believe there has been suggestions created about similar concepts in the past, so the discussion for that should continue there.

If you don't mind, then can you move my post to a more fitting spot?

I'm not certain there is already a thread, if there isn't, you could create one in the Suggestions forum.

Do you know offhand if there's a "quick post" sort of addon that exists?

Something similar to what's in that link I posted above.

I know there's a "best post" voting addon. I'm wondering if I combine that and a quick-post sort of addon, could I mimic that setup (but of course be 1,0000000 times better since it's not on WP).

I think there is, but I'm not certain. Again, this isn't the best thread to discuss such things.

Two things...

Firstly, I like the subtle change in direction on the little triangle (I usually remove it completely, but still... subtle change lol)
triangle.webp

Second, a question... I noticed that the User Info block is now fully shaded, compared with how it looks now:-

postbit 1.webp

postbit2.webp

I assume that solid colour will extend on longer posts (like the one above)? I'm assuming it will, as it seems logical, unless it's because the stats, and so on are missing?

Okay, I lied... another thing!

Fonts have changed (that's probably been mentioned already - it's a long thread, I may have missed it!) ... and why is "404 Not Found" highlighted? Is it because it's a link or manually highlighted in the thread?

Wait.. one more thing!

Quotes - thank you thank you thank you... looks so much better!

I assume that solid colour will extend on longer posts (like the one above)? I'm assuming it will, as it seems logical, unless it's because the stats, and so on are missing?
It does extend.

I'm not positive but I think that may inline bbcode/code markup.
Correct :)

I like the fact that someone finally noticed this :)

Quotes - thank you thank you thank you... looks so much better!
We agree :)

I'm not positive but I think that may inline bbcode/code markup.
Yeah, I was curious but wondered if it might have been something else. The font used kinda suggests markup.. but one can hope it's something funky instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom