XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but that was only a question and not a suggestion. ;) No Problem - I search in the suggestions and vote if I found the threads for.

It's already super easy to be informed of XF and add-on updates - you just watch the relevant forums or resources. If you don't visit very often, you can watch those specific forums or resources with an email alert.
That is no ideal way for people with more than one Xenforo installation runing. When the Email comes, I have every time to look at all how I have it to update. That costs time, many time with a lot addons installed like 30-50 addons per domain/forum.

Wordpress bevor 3.x was horrible with updates, but now they have a realy easy way to do such things smart and with less time for. Thats the point why I ask this. :)

Yes - suggested. And I ask only, brings it 2.0 out or not. That is a question and no suggestion. ;) Thanks.

I absolutely love the new style and the feel it has, I cannot wait to get my hands on it and customize my existing themes to it! We'll have lots of work, but I'm so excited. When I saw the post in the development update thread, my heart skipped a beat or two. I'm so excited, hyped, just like waiting for the release of a huge game that I love or awaiting the release of my favorite movie/comic/series etc.

It was never going to be an easy task, but kudos to the XF Development team. @Mike @Kier & @Chris D - you will always continue to have the support of those who truly understand and value the software. I've said this countless times, but XenForo is a huge, huge reason why my community has been successful. When you have strong roots, you grow strong.

Thank you for everything, I'm like a little kid running in the garden waiting for his Christmas present now, keep up the great work and thanks for everything you do to make XenForo awesome.

Hi,

I have three questions:

1. In your "Edit Navigation Entry" screenshot, there is a "Title" input. Will this use a phrase so it could be translated? I mean, you are going to have some default entries, don't you?

2. The default font looks like the Windows-8-ish system font. Will it use the Mac default font on OS X?

3. I kinda miss Kier - not really mentioned in screenshots, last post was one year ago and so on... I'm not the conspiracy theory kind of guy, however....... you know.

Thanks!

Reactions: rdn
1. Yes, like a lot of things in XF by default, it creates a master phrase with the text specified there. That can then be translated accordingly.

2. Default font family is "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif so, I think Mac users will pick up Helvetica Neue or Helvetica.

3. Why would any particular member of staff being mentioned or not in the screenshots indicate anything? Aside from the fact his name is in one of the screenshots, it hardly means anything either way :)

1. Yes, like a lot of things in XF by default, it creates a master phrase with the text specified there. That can then be translated accordingly.
Great, thanks!

2. Default font family is "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif so, I think Mac users will pick up Helvetica Neue or Helvetica.
Well, you could do what WordPress does (or did in one beta) and add "system, -apple-system" as fonts, so that it gets a native look on the Mac too.

. Why would any particular member of staff being mentioned or not in the screenshots indicate anything? Aside from the fact his name is in one of the screenshots, it hardly means anything either way :)
Well, it does not. Just as a confirmation that everything is cool. I don't know how to describe this. :)

Well, you could do what WordPress does (or did in one beta) and add "system, -apple-system" as fonts, so that it gets a native look on the Mac too.
I'm not sure we're really after a native look, which could mean different things on different platforms. We're aiming for consistency and that particular font family should look fairly standard across all devices.

Of course, as ever, it will be simple enough to change the fonts to your liking.

Well, it does not. Just as a confirmation that everything is cool. I don't know how to describe this. :)
Everything is cool.

I'm not sure we're really after a native look, which could mean different things on different platforms. We're aiming for consistency and that particular font family should look fairly standard across all devices.
You already have differences in OSes as Helvetica Neue is - to my knowledge - not installed by default on Windows and Segoe UI is definitely not installed by default on OS X. So Mac would get Helvetica Neue while Windows will get Segoe UI with this priority.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-11%20at%2011.10.53%20AM.png

At least now we know where @Brogan has been ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom