Not open for further replies.
It is certainly not "very soon".

5AVgmIw7iAzdK.gif

How about....
Kinda soon?
Soonish?
Sooner rather than later?

Definitely not Half-Life 3, though.

I realise you probably can't just come out and give us a release date for all sorts of top secret security reasons, so allow me to read between the lines...

Definitely not Half-Life 3, though.

Definitely no Half-Life 3, though.

Definitely no Life, though Half-3

Definitely Life, Half-3, no?!

XenForo released date confirmed at half past three!! You heard it direct from Chris, that's pretty much exactly what he just said! :eek::D

Or maybe it means half way through the third month...which is March, which is next Month!

Or maybe I need to take a walk and get out of the house for a bit...:whistle:

XenForo 3.0 confirmed.

Jokes aside, let's try to keep this on topic. Essentially, yes, the release date is "when it's ready" and we will have more information as it approaches being "ready".

Maybe it's ready but Kier is still recording hours of HYS video's because everyone loves them. ;) :D
Take 1, Take 2, Take 3 :cautious: :barefoot: :coffee: Take 4
I can't wait to see them! :cool:

This debate is going for well almost 1.8 yrs. but there is no clarity as to What would truly define xF 2.x? :whistle: I have spent close to 1.2 yrs with xF 1.x.x series ... What xF 2.x would have that xF 1.5.x doesn't has already! :coffee:

Any ideas!

This debate is going for well almost 1.8 yrs. but there is no clarity as to What would truly define xF 2.x? :whistle: I have spent close to 1.2 yrs with xF 1.x.x series ... What xF 2.x would have that xF 1.5.x doesn't has already! :coffee:

Any ideas!
This has been answered throughout. The short version though is, XenForo 2's goal is to reach feature parity along with some new framework that makes it much easier for developers in the future.

With all due the respect but this 2.0 has been taken too long.

Marketing wise i think it would be much better to announce their plans for a 2.0 version when they were able to make it happen.

They announced it summer 2014, its been a year and a half, it would be much better not to announce it

I think we've somewhat acknowledged in this thread that the timing may have seemed a little bit early, but we felt it was important to keep people in the loop as to what we are working on.

We needed to ensure people understood why it would have appeared that XF 1.x development had slowed down. We actually didn't originally even have plans to do XF 1.5 but we felt that it was the right thing to do, but without the understanding of what we were spending most of our time doing (developing XF 2.0) people would have been asking questions such as: "Why aren't you doing more second point releases? Why didn't XF 1.5 contain X, Y, Z?"

Considering the scope of what we're doing, and what we've achieved so far (though I appreciate we aren't talking much about that, yet) the development time isn't too bad, and we've been frank throughout about the fact that it's still a reasonable way off.

Ultimately, XF 1.x is still supported, still being maintained and is still a viable product. It will remain as such even after XF 2.0 has been released. People seem to be under the impression that we need to race this to the finish line, and everyone must upgrade to it the day it is released. This isn't true. There is time for everything; testing, trying it out, getting add-on X, Y and Z developed, etc. We need to ensure we bring you the right product, at the right quality, with the right set of features and the right level of extensibility so XF 2.x can exceed, and continue to exceed, the high expectations set by XF 1.x.

Clearly, Chris is spot on and there's really no wiggle room at all to come up with an argument against any of the points he makes in his post, which is brilliantly written BTW.

The one thing it doesn't address, and the reason for most if not all of the comments like "with all due the respect but this 2.0 has been taken too long", has nothing to do with the logic and reason Chris uses in his response - it's the emotional aspect. Let's face it - XenForo has an active and involved fanbase and we don't need XF 2.0 to be released yesterday, we just want it to be released yesterday. As soon as it is we'll be asking for even more stuff to be added to XF 2.1 and contemplating the limitless possibilities of XF 3.0. It's a byproduct of the success of XF 1.X and the popularity of Team XenForo.

This kind of buzz is a good thing for everyone as long as you see it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom