XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, there are only widget positions configured for the places where we add sidebar blocks by default. Sidebars are always on the right, unless you style them differently. There's a slightly different concept for left hand side navigation (think account pages and help pages), though none of these contain widget positions. No, you can't add forums in the sidebar. The forum list is mostly similar to XF1, it isn't a widget. For the most part, the only widgets, currently, are those that currently have sidebar blocks in XF (e.g. forum status, members online etc).

hmmm... so it keeps the style creators in business... :cool:
It was said that XF2 would aim for feature parity, while XF2.1 would take it a step further. I see the same logic in the limited implementation of the navigation manager and widget system.

Based upon the information provided by Mike & Chris here I have added related suggestions. If you want this then you can vote for it here:

XF2 - Make all Page-Elements Widgets: give us complete layout freedom
XF2 - Navigation Menu Manager for Footer, Mod bar, Addon Navigation, etc
XF2 - Multiple Widgets per Row & Tabbed Widgets
XF2 - Drag n Drop widgets

It was said that XF2 would aim for feature parity, while XF2.1 would take it a step further. I see the same logic in the limited implementation of the navigation manager and widget system.

Based upon the information provided by Mike & Chris here I have added related suggestions. If you want this then you can vote for it here:

XF2 - Make all Page-Elements Widgets: give us complete layout freedom
XF2 - Navigation Menu Manager for Footer, Mod bar, Addon Navigation, etc
XF2 - Multiple Widgets per Row & Tabbed Widgets
XF2 - Drag n Drop widgets
It's kinda late for suggestions ! 2 years into the process !

I don't think it is late to post suggestions, just after the very first XF2 preview screenshots are posted. Especially since these suggestions build upon the features currently in XF2 Alpha and could make it into XF 2.0 XF2.1 or a later release.
It's also sometimes difficult to separate what is truly crucial functionality compared with features which are more of a nice to have. I'd personally put front end positioning of widgets in that latter category. That said, posting suggestions (as you have done) is useful to help us ascertain that.

Nice very good done ;).

The Syntax seems to pretty similiar to XF1.

@Mike

Can you show us the files structure.

Last but not least.

Did you implemented composer autoloader ? It's just great to have:D

I wish you and your team much success for XF2 and make a good use of interfaces.

The file structure is similar on the whole.

We do use composer and the autoloader from it, yes. (We're not supporting you calling composer directly though. You might be able to manipulate the autoloader if you need to add additional things to it though.)

I notice conditionals are now
Code:
xf:if
instead of
Code:
xen:if
Any chance xen:if could be an alias to xf:if? otherwise it'll probably drive me mad :)

Are you using flexboxes/grid anywhere for layout?
We are using flex box in a few places, though we haven't built the layout to depend on it as we do still consider older browsers that don't support it (or only support the old spec) as "acceptable display" targets. It's more an enhancement in certain situations.

Assuming Tooltips are still being used in XF 2.0 is the functionality basically the same as XF 1.0 or will it be mobile (touch) friendly?
The default is hover and, in most contexts, I think that's correct (as clicking would do something). That said, the default is also triggered on focus for keyboard nav which may be sufficient, though I'd have to do some specific testing. You can also set clicks to toggle the tooltip.

The file structure is similar on the whole.

We do use composer and the autoloader from it, yes. (We're not supporting you calling composer directly though. You might be able to manipulate the autoloader if you need to add additional things to it though.)

Any chance you've managed to make addons self-contained and include-able via composer rather than needing to manually import an xml file after deploying files to multiple locations? Would be awesome to be able to host addons on packagist.

Failing that - I would at least like to see all assets for an addon deployed to a single folder so that we can use auto-deployment tools, and if there's still an xml definition file, a command line interface to deploy them so this can be automated as well.

Failing that - I would at least like to see all assets for an addon deployed to a single folder so that we can use auto-deployment tools, and if there's still an xml definition file, a command line interface to deploy them so this can be automated as well.
This would also be incredibly useful for those of us who keep our add-ons version controlled.

Reactions: Xon
Any chance you've managed to make addons self-contained and include-able via composer rather than needing to manually import an xml file after deploying files to multiple locations? Would be awesome to be able to host addons on packagist.
Sounds like a great suggestion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom