XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope some, or a lot of the changes benefit the end user, thats what is most important I believe these days with forum software/ development. The developer field has become thin here on Xenforo in my opinion over the last few months and core features should/will keep the Xenforo software desirable. :)
+1

Simplicity is where Xenforo needs to go, look how easy to post on social media sites like fb groups, twitter, google+ communities - if Xenforo can integrate that type of quick postings AND resource then all us forums will be up to date - if they backtrack like Nintendo Wii U and doesnt change much then we are stuck with the same ol same ol.

Simplicity is where Xenforo needs to go, look how easy to post on social media sites like fb groups, twitter, google+ communities - if Xenforo can integrate that type of quick postings AND resource then all us forums will be up to date - if they backtrack like Nintendo Wii U and doesnt change much then we are stuck with the same ol same ol.
It's a bit late to say that because they're probably mostly done with the design. To change anything now would mean the definition of "soon" will change

If you want to be technical, doing it on Christmas wouldn't be in the fall as the last day of fall is December 20. ;)

They've gone over this ad nauseam but they're using Q4/Autumn/Fall/Before Christmas to mean between now and the end of the year. Yes, they have slightly different technical definitions but getting hung on that is just going to stop them ever giving any kind of indication in the future of when something might be ready. Given that it's also meant to be a rough indication to just give us an idea, if it's a few days out then it makes little difference.

It's a bit late to say that because they're probably mostly done with the design. To change anything now would mean the definition of "soon" will change
Well, let's hope as forum developers they have already put much thought into where the future is in forums or needs to be and have already implemented those additions; changes in Xenforo's 2.0 to be the leaders in the industry today and moving forward.

Well, let's hope as forum developers they have already put much thought into where the future is in forums or needs to be and have already implemented those additions; changes in Xenforo's 2.0 to be the leaders in the industry today and moving forward.
Only problem is, change is risk. For something like XenForo that is more true. It is no secret that everyone has to look at the future, and the future means big change for forum softwares in a way that we haven't thought of yet. But the problem is forum owners/administrators are *very* conservative, especially in the XenForo market. The users want change, the administrators do not. If XenForo can't deliver what the administrators want, it means less sales for them.

That's why I predict little change to address what you said in XenForo 2. It's a huge risk to be changing stuff like this, with big benefits and big losses.

I know of many sites and administrators who want nothing more than to overhaul, change, improve and whose user base doesn't allow because they're stuck in the current ways and fail to see the benefit.
It doesn't even take the majority of the members... just a vocal minority.

They've gone over this ad nauseam but they're using Q4/Autumn/Fall/Before Christmas to mean between now and the end of the year. Yes, they have slightly different technical definitions but getting hung on that is just going to stop them ever giving any kind of indication in the future of when something might be ready. Given that it's also meant to be a rough indication to just give us an idea, if it's a few days out then it makes little difference.

I was just being cheeky. It's not like I'm actually upset about this taking a while. Unlike some others, I can be patient.

lol read the last 50 pages. Chris has quoted himself throughout all of them too many times. people are just trolling now, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom