XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have great gobs of money i am just a kid
Then don't worry about upgrading until all your requirements of add-ons/styles have been met by the selected developers for said add-ons/styles. Nothing is going to break as long as you are on 1.x series. Just to be running the latest to "brag" that you are is honestly... rather foolish.
I have 2 XenForo sites (heavily add-on dependent) and honestly they probably wont' be upgraded for a while. The only site I upgrade pretty quickly when a new release comes out is my IPS site, but I still wait on the style author to update his style before I do.

I think the process is pretty simple no matter if you are coming from XF1 or another forum software. Once XF2 is out I would purchase it and setup a board not in production. Make changes, learn the software and when you believe it has passed your production site in value then switch over.

At what point will the official XF add-ons also be updated for XF 2.0? For a preview build (something like an alpha/beta) or for full release?

They will be updated during the development process, but there isn't a definitive time/version as to when they will be released.

i will wait 6-12 month before update my forum to xenforo 2.0, till then hope so will be stable and all plugin updated to work on 2.0

What new features should we be looking forward to? What's been released thus far seems to be all under the hood changes and minor aesthetics changes.

What new features should we be looking forward to? What's been released thus far seems to be all under the hood changes and minor aesthetics changes.

That's pretty much all your going to get, along with only a couple of small features added like a menu manager.

That's pretty much all your going to get, along with only a couple of small features added like a menu manager.

Indeed ... I think they've made it pretty clear that v2.0 will largely just be functional parity with what we have now. The difference being that it's built on a much more modern and flexible platform which will allow them to develop the product (and addons) much more effectively moving forward.

While I hope there's going to be a couple of very useful things in v2.0, I think it's v2.1 when things will really start to get exciting because they will be building on top of the new foundation they've been working the last few years on and new development should really start to accelerate then.

There is some things we've not shown yet but it's important not to forget about key improvements we've mentioned so far like the Navigation manager, improved file uploader (no longer flash based), a new widget system and a more flexible system for handling payments and purchasable items.

I think overall there will be enough within XF 2.0 consider it a worthwhile upgrade. We will prove it to you soon, too ;)

There is some things we've not shown yet but it's important not to forget about key improvements we've mentioned so far like the Navigation manager, improved file uploader (no longer flash based), a new widget system and a more flexible system for handling payments and purchasable items.

I think overall there will be enough within XF 2.0 consider it a worthwhile upgrade. We will prove it to you soon, too ;)

Soon soon? :p

I really hope some, or a lot of the changes benefit the end user, thats what is most important I believe these days with forum software/ development. The developer field has become thin here on Xenforo in my opinion over the last few months and core features should/will keep the Xenforo software desirable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom