XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

My biggest problem was always the file upload part. Thankfully I figured out how to upload a .zip file, unpack it, and have it overwrite all the other files, no more dealing with FIleZilla.
Combine Winscp and Putty :)

My biggest problem was always the file upload part. Thankfully I figured out how to upload a .zip file, unpack it, and have it overwrite all the other files, no more dealing with FIleZilla.
Or this:
  • Open terminal command
  • Navigate to your directory where XenForo-Upgrade.zip reside
  • scp XenForo-Upgrade.zip <user>@<IP>:/home/site
  • ssh -p <port> user@IP
  • cd /home/site
  • unzip -o XenForo-Upgrade.zip
  • php /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php
  • rm XenForo-Upgrade.zip

How is everyone finding the 1.3.0 release candidate? My Xenforo subscription expires on the 6th March, however, I have yet to set up my forum and I was hoping to just use 1.3.0 as a base and upgrade later.

How is everyone finding the 1.3.0 release candidate? My Xenforo subscription expires on the 6th March, however, I have yet to set up my forum and I was hoping to just use 1.3.0 as a base and upgrade later.
We are running 1.3 RC1 in production with 3M posts and haven't encountered any issues.

Dumb question..maybe. In general, if authors of add ons have updated their add ons to work properly with Xenforo 1.3 - is it safe to say we can update them, the updated add ons and they will work properly with an older version like 1.2 or 1.2.5? or should we wait until updating Xenforo to 1.3 then update the add ons.

Dumb question..maybe. In general, if authors of add ons have updated their add ons to work properly with Xenforo 1.3 - is it safe to say we can update them, the updated add ons and they will work properly with an older version like 1.2 or 1.2.5? or should we wait until updating Xenforo to 1.3 then update the add ons.
There are a few which ARE 1.3 specific (latest version of [BD] Tag Me comes immediately to mind). If you use @Chris D's add-on installer you will see an update available - and if you are running 1.2.x series it will not update to it.

Top Bottom