XenForo 1.2, What's left for you?

sorry for the off topic, 1.2 will be available at june? Will be better wait for 1.2 or do you recommend install 1.1.5 before?

sorry for the off topic, 1.2 will be available at june? Will be better wait for 1.2 or do you recommend install 1.1.5 before?
From what I've heard probably not until July or later. Mike has even said that there could be a 1.1.6

A beta version should be ready in June. You should never install beta software on a live board.

It very much depends on how many bugs and changes need to be made that will dictate when 1.2 is released "stable". I would recommend installing 1.1.5 in the interim.

I agree. Though some beta software is more stable than others "gold" software, if you know what I mean ;)

Oh totally. The first thing I will be doing is installing it on my live sites :D

But if I do that I will appreciate it isn't recommended. Nor would I have the right to complain if something goes incredibly wrong in the process.

Navigation manager is the only thing missing which is most important to me currently.

However a Google registration will be handy as more people like to remain anonymous on forums and yet would love the convenience of a Facebook registration.

Facebook's audience is so large that they make "information on the web" more and more irrelevant.
Someday, Facebook won't even need the possibility to link to external sites to drive audience.

Helping them grow their business is to bury yours faster.

Nothing's left for 1.2. But I'd definitely want following features to get included into upcoming versions of XenForo -

1. XenPorta like CMS

2. Widget Framework

3. Navigation Manager -> Boy I Need It Badly!

Everything else can wait! :D

The ability for users to change their selection in polls.

(Even doing this manually in the database is quite difficult)

My two main wishes are fairly simple, really.

* Make the RSS feeds from XenForo offer more than just a thread title (I.e. like Chris 's Description RSS).
* Ability to have more control over the RSS feeds that import TO the forums (i.e. filtering of keywords).

1)
yeah, some kind of "Widget-Framework" in order to fill up the empty sidebar with "Recent Activity", etc. would be nice.

2)
all the other features in my Signature :p

:cool:

Top Bottom