XenForo 1.2 - Need more infos for possible investment

Luxus

Dear XF team,

everybody expect XenForo 1.2 to be released next month. Among the already announced enhancements 1.2 will provide other "heavily requested features". I think at this point in time you can tell us what those heavily requested features are. I need to know what features 1.2 will provide because I am thinking of buying a few expensive add-ons (User Essentials, Conversation Essentials). As everybody else I don't have money to waste, so it would really frustrate me if I spend $70 for features that XF 1.2 possibly will provide for free. Furthermore I am currently stuck in my local server because I can't go live with my site at this point because of missing features.

So I and I think everybody else would appreciate it if you can give us more information about those new features in XF 1.2 :)

This has been asked for previously.

The developers aren't currently talking about expected features in 1.2. It will be a case of waiting and seeing.

I would actually even suggest deleting this thread yourself, as these things tend to unwind into a load of arguing.

The bottom line is: XenForo 1.2 is under development, details will only be released once the developers are ready to discuss the details. That won't be as a result of a thread like this, that will be in the form of an official announcement.

The thing is, I need to make a heavy decision. To not make the wrong decision I need to know more infos about those new features. I don't see the problem in providing more information about a product that will be released within the next 30 days. Other forum software teams keep their customers informed month prior to release. I am positive that the XF team can do this too.

The thing is, I need to make a heavy decision. To not make the wrong decision I need to know more infos about those new features. I don't see the problem in providing more information about a product that will be released within the next 30 days. Other forum software teams keep their customers informed month prior to release. I am positive that the XF team can do this too.
You're assuming that there won't be any delays to the release of the new version.

I agree it would be nice to get more information on the next version, but if they aren't yet ready to release that information posting (another) thread about it isn't going to get you any closer to it.

All I want is information whether or not XF 1.2 can do things that the User and Conversation Essentials Add-ons can do :)

All I want is information whether or not XF 1.2 can do things that the User and Conversation Essentials Add-ons can do :)
If you are on a budget, try Conversation Manager since it's free: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-manager.221/

If you want some of the same features as User Essentials, try Topic Starter's Rights since it's also free: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/infisjsc-topic-starters-rights.24/

Eventually you should buy both. They are well worth the purchase.

If you are on a budget, try Conversation Manager since it's free: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-manager.221/

If you want some of the same features as User Essentials, try Topic Starter's Rights since it's also free: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/infisjsc-topic-starters-rights.24/
Thanks.

Eventually you should buy both. They are well worth the purchase.
In order to find out if they are indeed worth the purchase or a waste of money I need to know if XF 1.2 will provide the same features.

Both addons you mentioned: User Essentials,Conversation Essentials are one of my favourites ones! They works very well and for me they were not a waste of money. Maybe some of the features will be in 1.2 but nobody knows that except the devs.

But the last few weeks only a few news were posted by KAM. So I think 1.2 will take some till it will be released. So meanwhile both addons above do a great job. And I think they will do also a great job in 1.2 so I think not all features will be added in 1.2.

So I would recommend to use those addon! I am very happy with both!

Benny

The 1.2 release may or may not have all the features that currently both addons are offering. If you purchase them you get one year of updated which will include new features that Syndol is adding constantly according user feedback. Your money would be well spend in my opinion.

You should only buy XenForo (or any other software) based on what is available NOW.

Quite apart from the obvious turmoil the company is currently in, dates can always slip, particular features may not be ready and get put back, or of course the features you want might not even be in development.

Look at what XF and the competition offers NOW, and buy based on that.
That's not so easy as you might think. You can't explore all features of XenForo without buying a license first and get access to the resources.

That's not so easy as you might think. You can't explore all features of XenForo without buying a license first and get access to the resources.
There is the Admin Demo available for exploring features of the software before purchase. http://xenforo.com/demo/

As for downloading resources, it doesn't do much good being able to download the resources with a licensed XF installation to use them on and it wouldn't make any sense to let them being used with the demo since it is a demo of the XF features, not 3rd party addons.

There is the Admin Demo available for exploring features of the software before purchase. http://xenforo.com/demo/
Yeah, I know that. It has been mentioned just 2 posts above your post. See here. And one post above your post there is a post explaining why an admin demo doesn't suffice. See here.

As for downloading resources, it doesn't do much good being able to download the resources with a licensed XF installation to use them on and it wouldn't make any sense to let them being used with the demo since it is a demo of the XF features, not 3rd party addons.
That's why it's inevitable to buy a license first before one can truly experience what XenForo can do.

Yeah, I know that. It has been mentioned just 2 posts above your post. See here. And one post above your post there is a post explaining why an admin demo doesn't suffice. See here.
The ones above were posted while I was typing. ;)

That's why it's inevitable to buy a license first before one can truly experience what XenForo can do.
No, it isn't, because the 3rd party addons are not from XF nor supported by them. It is like saying you can not fully experience what a new car would be like unless you were first allowed to drive it over to your local Pep Boys, stick every doodad & gadget on it, and then drive it around for a while like that for free.

You should only buy XenForo (or any other software) based on what is available NOW.

Quite apart from the obvious turmoil the company is currently in, dates can always slip, particular features may not be ready and get put back, or of course the features you want might not even be in development.

Look at what XF and the competition offers NOW, and buy based on that.
/end of discussion

Top Bottom