XenForo 1.2, What's left for you?

1)
yeah, some kind of "Widget-Framework" in order to fill up the empty sidebar with "Recent Activity", etc. would be nice.

2)
all the other features in my Signature :p

:cool:
Everyone keeps mentioning widget manager is the thought to have something like Wordpress's widget manager??

Yeah but what about 1.2 aren't you waiting for that also? :P :laugh:
I think that 1.2 has plenty of features to make me happy. There are a few more features I'd like for myself, but those aren't needed in my mind. :)

I just want my hands on the new code base.

I haven't followed all of the updates (forgive me if they've been announced) but I would love to see:
  • shoutbox
  • ability to delete pm's
  • more user editing in the forum admin
  • close poll without closing thread
  • add poll to an open thread
  • easier way to edit css of certain things (without having to use extra.css all the time)

Reactions: rdn
  • Better documentation for developers
  • Revise the rebuild system so it doesn't throw clients a white screen and waiting like 20 hours for the thing to finish
  • Rebuild images, attachments, avatars, etc...
  • More finer permission control when adding admins (just give single permissions, like being to change a user's usergroup ONLY and not anything else)
  • Sitemap
  • The Tooltip should be used globally (the sexy one, it's extremely inconsistent, being used in some spots, and not in others)
  • Node icon support (sprite support with this as well)
  • Use Base64 images for gradients
  • More payment options available, as well as an easier system to extend it (official support)
  • More inline mod tools (ban users, change avatar etc)
  • File health check being integrated with mods (it's used for literally no mods AFAIK so making it easier to use for lazy devs would be nice, especially for debugging)
  • When going to the search page, don't reload the page when switching tabs (EXTREMELY ANNOYING)
  • More emphasis on the status updates (bring status input box somewhere so the user can see it, leads to more status updates)
  • CSS3 elements lag due to design of XF (box-shadow especially)
  • Addon updates in AdminCP
  • XenForo updates in AdminCP (I shouldn't have to go to the news section of this forum to see an update was posted, I wouldn't have known to upgrade otherwise)
  • DB Maintenance in AdminCP
  • Help section is empty, needs better documentation
  • Live updating in recent activity and threads (option)
Yeah.

Why can't you just backup, do the upgrade, restore backup if it fails?

There is a chance (even if its 1%) the backup could be corrupted for any reason, I been there before and I realy dont like what I felt at that time.

What about a cron job to rebuild x posts per day at low traffic time of the day?

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom