1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo 1.2, What's left for you?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by John L., May 29, 2013.

1. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

No, I actually didn't mean to make that rhyme...it just ended up that way. This thread is to more so talk about the features that Mike has yet to reveal (hopefully) for XenForo 1.2. This looks to be an action packed release with tons of new/refined functionality.

The question is simple, what's left for your wish list? If you could pick one feature that has yet to be announced that you would want Mike to work his magic on, what would it be?

Personally, I'm at a loss. I would say if I were being greedy, maybe a navigation manager or a widget system (core). Thoughts?
    Brandon Sheley, Alien, yavuz and 3 others like this.
  2. markku

markku Well-Known Member

Navigation manager wouldn't be asking too much. It's quite basic and should be in the core by now.
    surfsup, RoldanLT, Alien and 15 others like this.
  3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Sidebar/Widget Manager.
  4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Those two ^

Being able to add sidebar blocks without the need for xenporta, etc would make things simpler (and would hopefully open up a whole range of new blocks as currently hardly anyone creates blocks for xenporta).

Being able to more easily control the navbar would be great (but it looks like it will already collapse extra items in 1.2 if there are too many which is a great start).

Aside from that the obvious is a portal/CMS but I suspect that's a while off yet and they should be given time to get it right.
  5. jerremy

jerremy Member

Yes indeed, those 2 (widget manager and navigation manager) would be a good extra value to the packet.

Expecting a whole portal/CMS as a 'little extra feature' is maybe a little bit too much indeed :p But you never know!
    HenrikHansen likes this.
  6. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

BM (Bacon Manager)
    CFodder, DarkGizmo, Mrs.T and 11 others like this.
  7. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

1.2 is still missing Wayne Luke joining the xF team...
  8. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Only if he stops wearing that cowboy hat (n):D
  9. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

I agree with this!
  10. IcEWoLF

Also a multi quote system is much needed!
  11. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

That was totally off my mind. I can't believe a multi quote system hasn't been implemented into xenForo yet.
  12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Smiley manager
    feldon30, Alien, SchmitzIT and 5 others like this.
  13. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

A portal/landing page and JSON API. :)
  14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Permission system for Upgrades and Forum Posts Display by date, last 30 days, 90 days etc. That's my 2 biggest needs.
  15. IcEWoLF

So lets re-cap
    • Multi quote
    • Smiley Manager
    • Navigation Manager
    • Sidebar/Widget Manager
  16. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Multi-quote and being able to merge selected posts from one thread to another without having to create a new thread.
    TrevC, Veer, optrex and 1 other person like this.
  17. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

More development documentation/help pages accompanied with Kier Videos and Mike Messages
    Mrs.T and faeronsayn like this.
  18. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

In order of importance:

Widget Manager

intradox and xf_phantom like this.
  19. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

More lens flares and and tooth brushes too!
  20. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I swear I am, will bump/increase that discount to you to a whole 65% off if you keep on about the toothbrush. Don't make me do it, Mike.
    The Forum Heroes likes this.