XenForo 1.2, What's left for you?

John L.

No, I actually didn't mean to make that rhyme...it just ended up that way. This thread is to more so talk about the features that Mike has yet to reveal (hopefully) for XenForo 1.2. This looks to be an action packed release with tons of new/refined functionality.

The question is simple, what's left for your wish list? If you could pick one feature that has yet to be announced that you would want Mike to work his magic on, what would it be?

Personally, I'm at a loss. I would say if I were being greedy, maybe a navigation manager or a widget system (core). Thoughts?

Those two ^

Being able to add sidebar blocks without the need for xenporta, etc would make things simpler (and would hopefully open up a whole range of new blocks as currently hardly anyone creates blocks for xenporta).

Being able to more easily control the navbar would be great (but it looks like it will already collapse extra items in 1.2 if there are too many which is a great start).

Aside from that the obvious is a portal/CMS but I suspect that's a while off yet and they should be given time to get it right.

Yes indeed, those 2 (widget manager and navigation manager) would be a good extra value to the packet.

Aside from that the obvious is a portal/CMS but I suspect that's a while off yet and they should be given time to get it right.

Expecting a whole portal/CMS as a 'little extra feature' is maybe a little bit too much indeed :p But you never know!

Permission system for Upgrades and Forum Posts Display by date, last 30 days, 90 days etc. That's my 2 biggest needs.

Top Bottom