1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does xenforo 1.2 will include tag system by default?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by EgyKit, May 14, 2012.

1. EgyKit

EgyKit Member

Is there any official thread for upcoming features in the new xenforo version 1.2? and what about tag system like vbulletin offer, I saw the thread tag add-on but it doesn't have the option to edit tag keywords in threads or auto fill option. Also the expected release date of 1.2 version was 15th April 2012?
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

not really.
  3. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I don't know whether tag system will be included but if the developers decide to add it; I'd keep my fingers crossed to have tags inter-linking facility. That is my tag should auto link to the relevant posts.
  4. EgyKit

EgyKit Member

I think there are many options that xenforo should consider to include by default like similar thread, tag system, mobile style with the ability to add custom mobile templates in add-ons under special tag like <templates_mobile> to build template cache according to styles type.

I'm working very hard to code my custom add-ons which I use in vBulletin and I could add these options to xenforo, but xenforo developers should consider having them as many webmasters who use vBulletin will ask for them before they move to xenforo :)
  5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Part of me wonders if tagging is necessary. It was hardly used for us back when we were on vBulletin.
    ge66 and Floren like this.
  6. Hatsu

Hatsu Member

You could combine it with prefix system.
  7. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I agree, personally I don't see the tags as fancy feature in a forum software. Not to mention that the SEO title is much more valuable, tags simply generate cyclic links that represent no value for Google. However, the Twitter like "name tags" (@ManagerJosh) would be a great addition to 1.2 version. :)
    FredC likes this.
  8. EgyKit

EgyKit Member

Seems that you're right, I just searched for tag keywords index on Google search results for my vBulletin forum and I've found about 283 results only, although I already have more than 25k keyword on database!!! :( I agree with you!
  9. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

How did you do that search that got 283 results ?
  10. EgyKit

EgyKit Member

by adding prefix site:

It will show many result then you could navigate to last page and see the actual total result number!
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  11. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Engadget style internal linking.
  12. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you believe a site is using an illegal copy of XenForo it should be reported using the contact form.

All chat regarding the matter deleted.
  13. MrLeft

MrLeft Member

All we know about 1.2 is that it will include a mobile skin, improved spam management, major bug fixes, and "other unknown" heavily requested features. What those other features might be is unknown to all but Mike and Kier and I'm guessing a handful of pre-beta testers.

Unless we actually get an announcement with real tangible information you're just going to have to wait with the rest of us when it will be released in Beta sometime between tomorrow and 6 weeks from now! ;)
  14. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

i'd like to see an album system than a tag system.... much more requested and usefull...
    EgyKit likes this.