Does xenforo 1.2 will include tag system by default?

EgyKit

Is there any official thread for upcoming features in the new xenforo version 1.2? and what about tag system like vbulletin offer, I saw the thread tag add-on but it doesn't have the option to edit tag keywords in threads or auto fill option. Also the expected release date of 1.2 version was 15th April 2012?

I don't know whether tag system will be included but if the developers decide to add it; I'd keep my fingers crossed to have tags inter-linking facility. That is my tag should auto link to the relevant posts.

I don't know whether tag system will be included but if the developers decide to add it; I'd keep my fingers crossed to have tags inter-linking facility. That is my tag should auto link to the relevant posts.

I think there are many options that xenforo should consider to include by default like similar thread, tag system, mobile style with the ability to add custom mobile templates in add-ons under special tag like <templates_mobile> to build template cache according to styles type.

I'm working very hard to code my custom add-ons which I use in vBulletin and I could add these options to xenforo, but xenforo developers should consider having them as many webmasters who use vBulletin will ask for them before they move to xenforo :)

I think there are many options that xenforo should consider to include by default like similar thread, tag system, mobile style with the ability to add custom mobile templates in add-ons under special tag like <templates_mobile> to build template cache according to styles type.

I'm working very hard to code my custom add-ons which I use in vBulletin and I could add these options to xenforo, but xenforo developers should consider having them as many webmasters who use vBulletin will ask for them before they move to xenforo :)
Part of me wonders if tagging is necessary. It was hardly used for us back when we were on vBulletin.

Part of me wonders if tagging is necessary. It was hardly used for us back when we were on vBulletin.
I agree, personally I don't see the tags as fancy feature in a forum software. Not to mention that the SEO title is much more valuable, tags simply generate cyclic links that represent no value for Google. However, the Twitter like "name tags" (@ManagerJosh) would be a great addition to 1.2 version. :)

Seems that you're right, I just searched for tag keywords index on Google search results for my vBulletin forum and I've found about 283 results only, although I already have more than 25k keyword on database!!! :( I agree with you!

Seems that you're right, I just searched for tag keywords index on Google search results for my vBulletin forum and I've found about 283 results only, although I already have more than 25k keyword on database!!! :( I agree with you!
How did you do that search that got 283 results ?

If you believe a site is using an illegal copy of XenForo it should be reported using the contact form.

All chat regarding the matter deleted.

All we know about 1.2 is that it will include a mobile skin, improved spam management, major bug fixes, and "other unknown" heavily requested features. What those other features might be is unknown to all but Mike and Kier and I'm guessing a handful of pre-beta testers.

Unless we actually get an announcement with real tangible information you're just going to have to wait with the rest of us when it will be released in Beta sometime between tomorrow and 6 weeks from now! ;)

Top Bottom