Xenforo 1.2 Beta 5 Discussion

I am jealous of you guys. I haven't upgraded just yet.

I have been waiting for Audentio to upload their drift skin. I was told it would be updated last week but it's now a new week.

I am terribly eager to try out the beta but have no idea whether the Skin is compatible with 1.2

I am jealous of you guys. I haven't upgraded just yet.

I'm honing my "how fast can I install this upgrade" skills, getting pretty good at it with the command line interface to my VPS.

Most of the time is spent downloading the 5MB upgrade file from XenForo & then uploading it to my site. Now if XenForo would just put those upgrade files somewhere where we can grab them with WGET ... :)

Most of the time is spent downloading the 5MB upgrade file from XenForo & then uploading it to my site.
Downloading ,unzipping and then uploading the files one by one takes a long time.
Download the file, upload it to your server unzip it there.
Takes only a few minutes.

Downloading ,unzipping and then uploading the files one by one takes a long time.
Download the file, upload it to your server unzip it there.
Takes only a few minutes.
Yeah. Using stock style + 13 add-ons, the upgrade was smooth. I only need about 3 minutes to upgrade from Beta to Beta 5. (y)

Is avatars when you go to tag someone (as you type and the auto-populate drop down) new in beta 5? I do not remember seeing those before.

@King Kovifor

ss-2013-05-17_12-39-42-png.46347

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/

So how many of you moved production sites to XF 1.2 beta 5? Keep looking at the small number of threads in the bugs forum and thinking about making the jump. I've been testing the migration on one of my forums, without any major issues.

Top Bottom