Xenforo 1.2 Beta 5 Discussion

I'm wanting to do my site sooner rather than later as well. All the add-ons I use work on 1.2. The only thing I'm uncertain about is TapaTalk (which I would rather remove now the theme is responsive, but quite a few members use it)

I'm wanting to do my site sooner rather than later as well. All the add-ons I use work on 1.2. The only thing I'm uncertain about is TapaTalk (which I would rather remove now the theme is responsive, but quite a few members use it)
Good point. I'm considering keeping Tapatalk for existing users (since they've already been using it) and disabling it for new members. Eventually, as mobile devices get even more powerful and responsive/CSS techniques even better, I'd like to phase it out completely. While the idea was novel, they've never managed to create a bug-free product. In fact, I have never seen so many regression issues in any other software product as in Tapatalk and its clients. Having their code on our servers always made me worry slightly.

Good point. I'm considering keeping Tapatalk for existing users (since they've already been using it) and disabling it for new members. Eventually, as mobile devices get even more powerful and responsive/CSS techniques even better, I'd like to phase it out completely. While the idea was novel, they've never managed to create a bug-free product. In fact, I have never seen so many regression issues in any other software product as in Tapatalk and its clients. Having their code on our servers always made me worry slightly.
And I don't loose any add revenue either, as I've got it all ready to go in responsive.

That's one of the steps on my upgrade plan...not looking forward to that as it will mean setting up new ad blocks and editing the templates, etc.

That's one of the steps on my upgrade plan...not looking forward to that as it will mean setting up new ad blocks and editing the templates, etc.
I spent a few hours going through it the other night, and now have the XML needed to upload straight to the live forum once it's updated.

Tapatalk is working on both my 1.2B5 installs (if you use the suggested edit).

My big problem is I still like reading via Tapatalk on my iPhone 5 (old eyes you know ;)). Now on my iPad mini, my S3, RAZR HD MAXX and Galaxy Tab 7.7 I use the responsive.

I just renewed my license and played around with beta 5 a bit. <3

It's time for us to dump vBulletin in favor of XenForo. (y)

Good point. I'm considering keeping Tapatalk for existing users (since they've already been using it) and disabling it for new members.

How can we do this ? I mean to say how can I allow Tapatalk only for selected users and restrict from selected users ?

How can we do this ? I mean to say how can I allow Tapatalk only for selected users and restrict from selected users ?
The new version allows you to only grant certain groups permission to access it. You can set up a group called Tapatalk and put the users you want to be able to with that group as a secondary group. Then grant that group permissions in the add-on. It's the very bottom option on the tapatalk add-on in the ACP-Options section for it.

Reactions: DFI
Wow, that's cool. I had stopped checking new functionalities in Tapatalk assuming they will never do it. I has requested them for this 100 times a year back .

Glad to know that they did it. Thanks a lot buddy for informing :)

If you have time a little tutorial on how to do that would be very useful :)
Sure, it's all done via TMC and you just need create your own add-on.

When you do the TMC edit, you add it to your add-on, and then you can export it and use the new XML to install it on your live site.

adsense.webp

Last edited:
Is the integrated vBulletin 4 Importer was built from scratch? Or is it just the importer by Jake which is in the Importers section?

Top Bottom