1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo 1.2 Beta 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Shelley, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Nothing Like an early morning upgrade to xf 1.2 beta 5 to start the day. :D

Going to make the upgrade now and checkout the membercard style Properties. Great Work XF Team.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. MrHamster

MrHamster Member

I saw they improved existing converters and created new ones. Mybb can be converted too now! Can someone of you tell me how much it imports and how good it works?

3. SonicRC

SonicRC Well-Known Member

Although we still running 1.4, I think the new MyBB Importer is really awesome. (y)

Shelley likes this.
  4. rellek

rellek Well-Known Member

Seems like a great release. Time to buy another license. And to finally convince my business partner to replace his old wBB2 with XenForo. :)

5. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

@Kier @Mike what's the xf_db:: ping for, inside the usercontroller::_sendEmail ?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think that may be related to a couple of trouble shooting threads recently related to sending mail.

I'll see if I can find the post from Mike about it.

xf_phantom likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

SneakyDave and xf_phantom like this.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It was defintely a good move and at this time as the product is maturing nicely to tap and entice the mybb lot over as I see alot of mybb sites I'm sure will be thinking about xf as a solution.

Jeremy and SonicRC like this.
  9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

YAY ! ! :D

Finally. (y)

* takes deep breath of relief *

I think I'll have beer now and order some pizza :barefoot:

Divvens likes this.
  10. Magic

Magic Active Member

As is Usual with xenforo, the upgrade to beta 5 was flawless..

** does another happy dance **

Gregory Lynn, Neal and Shelley like this.
  11. sweetpotato

sweetpotato Active Member

Just finished upgrading. Every thing goes smoothly.

12. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

So happy with the converter changes, as I'm waiting for 1.2 before I convert my vB3 forum.

Have I missed anything or has there been any mention of a command-line importer/converter for those of us with large boards?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  13. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I see a lot of MyBB big boards coming in :)

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  14. AlexT

AlexT Well-Known Member

Agreed. :) I dread the moment when there will be no more 1.2 betas... back to the mundane side of life.

15. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I understand this is a stab in the dark, what with the way software is developed, but does anyone know if there is a ballpark time frame for a final release?

16. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Judging by the announcement post of Beta 5, the company itself announced that their next release may be a release candidate.

If we presume that 1.2 only needs one release candidate, then we can see the final/gold release in approximately 2 weeks from now. If 1.2 were to have multiple release candidates (doesn't look that likely, but you never know) we can expect the final/gold release in approximately 3 weeks minimum, 5 weeks maximum (2/3 RC releases).

17. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Interesting. I ballparked 2 months from the first beta, so that seems about right. Thank christ they're not using a vBulletin, 30 betas, type of setup.

18. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

You know, @Divvens seems had some supernatural power. Last time he predicted that RC will be released at July 9th. And the result is Beta 5.

Now he predicted that we will see RC in 2 weeks from now.

Divvens likes this.
  19. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Nah, I have no supernatural power! One of my guesses just got right :O

But, I am just guessing seeing how the development is taking place, last time I thought due to the low bugs count we'd see a release candidate, but I had no idea we'd see updates to importers! :p

20. MikeMpls

MikeMpls Well-Known Member

Official vB4 importer! :D

Where's the thumbs up smilie?