Xenforo 1.2 Beta 5 Discussion

I saw they improved existing converters and created new ones. Mybb can be converted too now! Can someone of you tell me how much it imports and how good it works?

Seems like a great release. Time to buy another license. And to finally convince my business partner to replace his old wBB2 with XenForo. :)

I think that may be related to a couple of trouble shooting threads recently related to sending mail.

I'll see if I can find the post from Mike about it.

Although we still running 1.4, I think the new MyBB Importer is really awesome. (y)

It was defintely a good move and at this time as the product is maturing nicely to tap and entice the mybb lot over as I see alot of mybb sites I'm sure will be thinking about xf as a solution.

This release also includes a number of importer changes. There is now an official vBulletin 4 importer and a new (early stage) MyBB 1.6 importer. The existing importers have also been expanded to cover more content such as post edit history.

YAY ! ! :D

Finally. (y)

* takes deep breath of relief *

I think I'll have beer now and order some pizza :barefoot:

So happy with the converter changes, as I'm waiting for 1.2 before I convert my vB3 forum.

Have I missed anything or has there been any mention of a command-line importer/converter for those of us with large boards?

Last edited:
I understand this is a stab in the dark, what with the way software is developed, but does anyone know if there is a ballpark time frame for a final release?

I understand this is a stab in the dark, what with the way software is developed, but does anyone know if there is a ballpark time frame for a final release?
Judging by the announcement post of Beta 5, the company itself announced that their next release may be a release candidate.

If we presume that 1.2 only needs one release candidate, then we can see the final/gold release in approximately 2 weeks from now. If 1.2 were to have multiple release candidates (doesn't look that likely, but you never know) we can expect the final/gold release in approximately 3 weeks minimum, 5 weeks maximum (2/3 RC releases).

Judging by the announcement post of Beta 5, the company itself announced that their next release may be a release candidate.

If we presume that 1.2 only needs one release candidate, then we can see the final/gold release in approximately 2 weeks from now. If 1.2 were to have multiple release candidates (doesn't look that likely, but you never know) we can expect the final/gold release in approximately 3 weeks minimum, 5 weeks maximum (2/3 RC releases).

Interesting. I ballparked 2 months from the first beta, so that seems about right. Thank christ they're not using a vBulletin, 30 betas, type of setup.

Interesting. I ballparked 2 months from the first beta, so that seems about right. Thank christ they're not using a vBulletin, 30 betas, type of setup.
You know, @Divvens seems had some supernatural power. Last time he predicted that RC will be released at July 9th. And the result is Beta 5.

Release Candidate 1 on 9 July 2013 (Tuesday), that's what I predict!

Is Tuesday a lucky days for the guys, or they just prefer it due to its placement in the week? :p

Now he predicted that we will see RC in 2 weeks from now.

You know, @Divvens seems had some supernatural power. Last time he predicted that RC will be released at July 9th. And the result is Beta 5.

Now he predicted that we will see RC in 2 weeks from now.
Nah, I have no supernatural power! One of my guesses just got right :O

But, I am just guessing seeing how the development is taking place, last time I thought due to the low bugs count we'd see a release candidate, but I had no idea we'd see updates to importers! :P

Top Bottom