XenCentral Feedback System 2

XenCentral Feedback System 2 [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€54.99)
Hi @XCentral

When I delete a user in the adminCP, the user ratings are being rebuilt for all forum accounts, which takes us a lot of time. I thought that in 2.3.5 this was moved to a cron job, yet I still get this rebuild action if I delete a user that has had no feedback at all.

The only solution is for me to deactivate the addon prior to doing my deletions. Any other solution you can suggest? Thanks!

Hi @XCentral

When I delete a user in the adminCP, the user ratings are being rebuilt for all forum accounts, which takes us a lot of time. I thought that in 2.3.5 this was moved to a cron job, yet I still get this rebuild action if I delete a user that has had no feedback at all.

The only solution is for me to deactivate the addon prior to doing my deletions. Any other solution you can suggest? Thanks!

I had the same issue. Reported to developer on 2021 ,he gave me patch but still not really fix the issue.

Hi @XCentral

This is ridiculous.
@XCentral when we delete a member, the reactions for half a million accounts are unnecessarily rebuilt.
Please urgently update the addon to rebuild the reactions for only the users who have had feedback interaction with the deleted member.

Found a couple of bugs with 2.3.5.
First, when I try to run the batch update Feedback System: Rebuild feedback is verified I immediately get an error:

1.webp

and I don't know if it's related to that, but I have feedback showing as private which shouldn't be.
I switched on the option to keep feedback private until it is returned.
But I have members who have exchanged feedback on the same thread with feedback showing as private.
I'll include details in a ticket on your site.

So it looks like people aren't getting support for this addon, and I've just come here to ask about the feedback_activity table. I'm helping with dnforum.com which is running this addon, and the xf_xc_feedback_activity table is HUGE in comparison to the site size, and what I'm seeing in terms of feedback that has been left

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 30G Feb 26 10:47 xf_xc_feedback_activity.ibd

Last edited:
So it looks like people aren't getting support for this addon, and I've just come here to ask about the feedback_activity table. I'm helping with dnforum.com which is running this addon, and the xf_xc_feedback_activity table is HUGE in comparison to the site size, and what I'm seeing in terms of feedback that has been left

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 30G Feb 26 10:47 xf_xc_feedback_activity.ibd

I have a fairly active forum with feedback as well and that table on my install is only 259 rows - it looks like it's only meant to store recent activity for the 'latest activity' feed... I'd guess that whatever mechanism prunes it is not running on that board.

I have a fairly active forum with feedback as well and that table on my install is only 259 rows - it looks like it's only meant to store recent activity for the 'latest activity' feed... I'd guess that whatever mechanism prunes it is not running on that board.
+1, there's a cron entry called xcfs_activity_cron that is supposed to clean these up.

+1, there's a cron entry called xcfs_activity_cron that is supposed to clean these up.
I'm guessing that was instroduced in 2.3.5 of this addon?

5. Cron is implemented to clean up the activities older than 1 day.

DNForum is running 2.3.1

I'm on 2.3.5 now, there's a bug with the edit feedback feature. I get an error saying "You already left feedback for this thread." If I disable "Unique deal URL" in the options, then it works.

Seems like a bug in the preSave behavior logic or something that is treating edits the same as submissions.

Found a couple of bugs with 2.3.5.
First, when I try to run the batch update Feedback System: Rebuild feedback is verified I immediately get an error:

View attachment 293109

and I don't know if it's related to that, but I have feedback showing as private which shouldn't be.
I switched on the option to keep feedback private until it is returned.
But I have members who have exchanged feedback on the same thread with feedback showing as private.
I'll include details in a ticket on your site.
Seeing this as well. Have you heard back on your ticket?

I see another problem where the drop-down to select a thread is not populating correctly for all users. If you turn off the valid thread option, the "find thread" option is unsafe and susceptible to SQL injection! I discovered this by looking at a MySQL error where the select statement for finding the thread was causing an error because of special characters in the user's query. Yikes.

The add-on is becoming almost unusable with these issues now unfortunately.

Seeing this as well. Have you heard back on your ticket?

I see another problem where the drop-down to select a thread is not populating correctly for all users. If you turn off the valid thread option, the "find thread" option is unsafe and susceptible to SQL injection! I discovered this by looking at a MySQL error where the select statement for finding the thread was causing an error because of special characters in the user's query. Yikes.

The add-on is becoming almost unusable with these issues now unfortunately.
Yes, they fixed it in version 2.3.6 which they sent me.
If I go to download the latest version from their site, I get 2.3.5, so it hasn't been released.

Top Bottom