XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
XCentral updated XenCentral Ad Server with a new update entry:

XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.4 released

Hello everyone,

This is the next release of XenCentral Ad Server with the following enhancements/fixes:

1. New field is added for Tablet banner code. Now different banner code can be used for mobile, for tablet and for the remaining devices.

2. Added new permission to show/hide embed button from different usergroups. The permission is No by default, so make sure to check your usergroup setup and allow appropriate usergroups to see the Embed button.

3. Fixed IPv6 handling for stats.

All...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I registered on their website so that I could access their pre-sales section. I don't have access to their pre-sales section. (I verified my account via email.) I then tried to "Send PM To Verify Forum Account" and get an error page saying i don't have permission to do that. I ultimately left a message on their profile. It seriously concerns me when a website doesn't function smoothly but they are selling a modification. How can one be certain the mods works well when their website doesn't even function smoothly?

My simple question was:

I am developing my xenforo on site "A". Once I have my upgrade from vBulletin complete in a few weeks, can I move it to site "B" without any issues on the part of this mod? I know I need to enter a URL and want to make sure that I can change that URL when I am ready. I also don't want to wait days or weeks for the change to be implemented. I saw someone write on the site that they posted a ticket and didn't get a response at all and it was over a month old.

Every time I upgrade this product I sweat. Once again, after an upgrade I have problems. I have a serious love hate with this Add-on. Try explaining dead links to the clients.

After the upgrade, All my links are doing this now. (n)

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: 'K??@' for column 'ip_address' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenCentral/AdServer/Model/Stats.php at line 117
  5. XenCentral_AdServer_Model_Stats->logBannerClick() in XenCentral/AdServer/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 42
  6. XenCentral_AdServer_ControllerPublic_Index->actionRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/recordin/public_html/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
It appears after this upgrade, something on the server was effected. I'm hoping I can go back. I need this fixed quickly before clients who pay me start asking for explanations.

NOTE:
after hours trouble shooting around with this (erk), I couldn't revert back to the previous version but when reverting the files back to XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.2.1 - rev27 , my links work again. So, something isn't compatible in the upload files of the upgrade.

NOTE:
after hours trouble shooting around with this (erk), I couldn't revert back to the previous version but when reverting the files back to XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.2.1 - rev27 , my links work again. So, something isn't compatible in the upload files of the upgrade.

I've not tried the new version yet....

However, always test on a non-live site before the live site for the reasons you've experienced. Especially if you have paying clients! Don't assume it will work, for any addom...

Indeed! I will never trust this add-on like that again. Its a good one but it scares me.

Don't trust any addon... There may be a conflict, you just never know.

I'll load the new Ad server update on our test platform tonight and see how it goes.
Will report back later.

I'm glad I didn't buy this mod impulsively. I almost did based on its features. After reading through this thread and on their website, I will be sticking with my custom coded ad server for now. This product appears to be riddled with various bugs still. I hope they are able to get this product squared away because it seem as if it could be THE ad server for Xenforo but currently lacks adequate support. The ticket manager appears to be just as responsive as this discussion thread by the developers. It isn't worth me spending $75+ USD for something that doesn't see responses to issues in a timely manner.

Every time I upgrade this product I sweat. Once again, after an upgrade I have problems. I have a serious love hate with this Add-on. Try explaining dead links to the clients.

After the upgrade, All my links are doing this now. (n)

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: 'K??@' for column 'ip_address' at row 1

3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenCentral/AdServer/Model/Stats.php at line 117
  5. XenCentral_AdServer_Model_Stats->logBannerClick() in XenCentral/AdServer/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 42
  6. XenCentral_AdServer_ControllerPublic_Index->actionRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/recordin/public_html/index.php at line 13

@XCentral - Refer to ticket #439579

I confirm this bug in the new versions of the AdServer/Framework.

Same result is shown on a fresh install of XenForo 1.4.3 with no other addons present.

The error generated on my test install is basically the same as above:

Error Report said:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'ip_address' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert()inXenCentral/AdServer/Model/Stats.phpat line117
  5. XenCentral_AdServer_Model_Stats->logBannerClick()inXenCentral/AdServer/ControllerPublic/Index.phpat line42
  6. XenCentral_AdServer_ControllerPublic_Index->actionRedirect()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run()inC:/www/index.phpat line13

Thanks for your support and attention to this matter.

I'm glad I didn't buy this mod impulsively. I almost did based on its features. After reading through this thread and on their website, I will be sticking with my custom coded ad server for now. This product appears to be riddled with various bugs still. I hope they are able to get this product squared away because it seem as if it could be THE ad server for Xenforo but currently lacks adequate support. The ticket manager appears to be just as responsive as this discussion thread by the developers. It isn't worth me spending $75+ USD for something that doesn't see responses to issues in a timely manner.

Admittedly, the makers of these products are a little absent-minded when it comes to timeliness responses, but the bugs? Other than install/upgrade bugs, I've not had any real major issues. Any issues we found were discovered on a staging environment and were subsequently fixed by @XCentral team. (thus, no impact to our site)

Since we do direct ad sales, this product paid for itself with one ad sale.

My only real concern is the future of the product and if they'll continue to support it into the future, both pre and post XF 2.0.

Reactions: HWS
Hello everyone,

We are sorry for the delays with the support. We will release a fix for this issue right now.

Thank you!

there is one error when uploading framework file in filezilla

\XenCentral Framework 1.3.5.2 - rev89\XenCentral Framework\upload\js\XenCentral\Common\jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom\css\smoothness\images\ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_cccccc_1x100.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)

i think because the file name is too long "ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_cccccc_1x100.png" any solution for this?

-BusyBee

there is one error when uploading framework file in filezilla

\XenCentral Framework 1.3.5.2 - rev89\XenCentral Framework\upload\js\XenCentral\Common\jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom\css\smoothness\images\ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_cccccc_1x100.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)

i think because the file name is too long "ui-bg_highlight-soft_75_cccccc_1x100.png" any solution for this?

-BusyBee

The file mentioned is part of jQuery UI package, and not created by us, so most likely you should check your server configuration and see why a file name of this length can not be used. Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem with product functionality because of this one file.

Thank you!

I seem to still be getting that ip_address error even after the bugfix update! All files are uploaded and the xml ran too.

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: 'F???' for column 'ip_address' at row 1

4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenCentral/AdServer/Model/Stats.php at line 126
  5. XenCentral_AdServer_Model_Stats->logZoneClick() in XenCentral/AdServer/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 44
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/iwaku/public_html/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom