XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
@XCentral ;
we're trying to relaunch our site tonight and i'm in the process of rebuilding our ad accounts. are we better off with a special user group for advertisers or should we just open up the ad system to all registered users?
with that in mind, what is "Can Use Front-end Pages" and is that an appropriate access permission for all registered users?
Thanks! :barefoot:
Bart

what is "Can Use Front-end Pages" and is that an appropriate access permission for all registered users?

Just to give you some feedback from our use: This is the option to allow regular users to access the "My Ads" screen in their user profile.

If you want to manage ads yourself and not allow members to purchase ads themselves, you would want to disable the access to this section. If you want users to be able to purchase ads by allowing access to the front-end tools, then this should be enabled.

As for special groups, I think that's really up to you and how it works for your site. We allow everyone access to the ad control panel but most of stuff is manually handled. (we create a user for advertisers so they can log in to check their statistics on ad performance.)

Is it possible to geotarget ads?
I want to use amazon associates, but I want to send my members if they are from usa to .com version of the site and if from rest of the world to .co.uk

i'm sorry if this has been asked already, is it one license per install? we're migrating another site to Xenforo this week and will need this addon again (and a third time later this week).
thanks,
bart

Hello. Is it possible to add background ads? I suggest two options: one large image and two images by sides. It has to be clickable and sticky.
Thank you.

Ad Server is working great for us. Paypal account info is added under Options>>Debug Options....is that correct?
Thank you,
Bart

Placing our paypal information on the Debug Options page didn't do it. Can you please tell me where we need to install our paypal info so enable advertisers to make payments and activate their ads?
Thank you,
Bart

Placing our paypal information on the Debug Options page didn't do it. Can you please tell me where we need to install our paypal info so enable advertisers to make payments and activate their ads?
Thank you,
Bart

You should just enter the primary PayPal address in the "PayPal Primary Account Email" in the debug options menu of XenForo.

You can also see the primary PayPal address settings at: AdminCP > Users > User Upgrades

If this still doesn't work, you may want to raise a ticket with XenCentral directly to resolve the problem.

i don't know why i wrestled with that problem all day today. we finally (!) got it working and we're hoping to start registering new advertisers tomorrow.
thanks for the reply.
Bart

Hello everyone,

We have got several reports from our customers regarding file cache growing bigger and bigger. It grows so fast that sometimes is being impossible to cleanup the cache using daily cron job, which times-out, and files get collected more and more.
I'm happy you finally accepted it was a bug of your addon. When I wrote the review you denied my words.

Claudio
The addon is really heavy and generates many cache files without any reason. Upgrade or rebuild the cache is a nightmare even with 15 banners.

Author's ResponseHello,
The addon does not generate the files without any reason of course, but it does generate them to support extensive list of features it has and to avoid MySQL queries. We have resolved several issues with cache already, and highly recommend usage of APC/XCache to avoid such problems, which should not be a problem if you are going to run a fully-featured ad server.

All of the banners on my forum that were placed using XenCentral have disappeared. I have attempted to add them back in via the plugin but they are not uploading nor appearing after I choose "save".

Please help. I am at a loss.

Please contact us at https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php and we will help you with it asap.

Thank you!
Thank you for you reply.

I messaged you through your customer contact forum and while I did that, my developer informed me that the banners are back. I had alerted him to the issue earlier and when I did not get a reply from him, I freaked and made my post here.

All is ok now and I am so sorry for taking up your time.

Top Bottom