XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
How to change link target to _blank, so clicking on a banner opens up a new browser tab?

Just modify the HTML in "Banner Code" section and add target="_blank" attribute. To change the default behavior update the phrase "xcas_default_banner_code" and "xcas_default_banner_mobile_code" for mobile version of the ad.

Thank you!

Whenever I select any of the "NOT" tabs it saves, but when I re-open the page, right right criteria is no longer selected on the NOT criteria tab, and instead, is selected on the normal one.

I enter:

View attachment 75930

SAVE

Reopen that zone. See this:

View attachment 75931

I load the page criteria tab and see this:

View attachment 75932

???

If I try to save the normal page criteria tab and exclude the pages I want to exclude the ad, that works fine, except I can't show the add on the homepage with that method; only all other pages (except the excluded ones).

Additionally, I came across another issue. I'm setting ad targets based on user criteria > current user location, and throws this error on the index page:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /public_html/library/XenCentral/Framework/vendor/geoip-api/geoipcity.inc on line 132

Edit: I am on the latest version of the framework and ad server.

Sorry for the delay with this, now the bug is fixed and new version of Ad Server is released. Please download and apply to solve the problem.

Let us know if there is any other issue.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update. I just applied the new Framework 1.3.3 and the new AdServer 1.3.2.1 and all is ok in the forum, but no embed code is working (on my Wordpress blog). Just blank where ads should be. Ideas?

Thanks!
Ivar

Thanks for the update. I just applied the new Framework 1.3.3 and the new AdServer 1.3.2.1 and all is ok in the forum, but no embed code is working (on my Wordpress blog). Just blank where ads should be. Ideas?

Thanks!
Ivar

Does it work for ads on your website? If so, please provide the URL where we can see the ads embedded and we will check it.

Thank you!

It works well here (forum):
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

... but I have embed code in the header of my blog and it does not show there:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/

Thanks!
Ivar

The request for the ad outputs an empty page. It may be due to some server error. Please check Server Errors page and let us know if there is anything related to Ad Server. You can open a ticket at https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php and send the trace there.

Thank you!

Hey
Not good :-(

i updated yesterday
001.webp

now i look and see this
002.webp

with tousend files.

*grrrrr :-)
and now?
Greetings Jo

Tried posting a support ticket but no reply so trying here.... I have upgraded the adserver and all the banners I added before the upgrade still work but no banner since the upgrade will show on the site. I can alter the loctions etc of a current banner and it moves ok.

Many thanks

Adam

Okay, I'm officially an unhappy customer. I keep running out of inodes on my shared hosting of which I have 400,000 available to me. I only use ~67,000 once I wipe the Ad Server cache directories.

I paid more than half of what I paid for the full XenForo software for this one add-on and it's been nothing but trouble. From not upgrading properly due to the cache issue to my users not being able to upload attachments because I've run out of inodes.

This needs to be fixed! Don't to tell me to install a a server side caching mechanism; I cannot, I'm on shared hosting. You need to write and include a cron with the product that automatically flushes the cache every hour OR provide me an option to do away with the cache completely.

Okay, I'm officially an unhappy customer. I keep running out of inodes on my shared hosting of which I have 400,000 available to me. I only use ~67,000 once I wipe the Ad Server cache directories.

I paid more than half of what I paid for the full XenForo software for this one add-on and it's been nothing but trouble. From not upgrading properly due to the cache issue to my users not being able to upload attachments because I've run out of inodes.

This needs to be fixed! Don't to tell me to install a a server side caching mechanism; I cannot, I'm on shared hosting. You need to write and include a cron with the product that automatically flushes the cache every hour OR provide me an option to do away with the cache completely.

We are sorry that cache feature causes you so much troubles, just we have to use it extensively to avoid many DB queries, and server-side cache is definitely recommended for such application. Anyway, we will check this now again and contact you soon in our Support Center with possible solutions.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Ad Server with a new update entry:

XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.3 version released

Hello everyone,

This is the next release of XenCentral Ad Server that addresses an issue with file-based cache using too many files and hitting server inode limits. The issue was mainly connected with Capping support (maximum number of times per day to display an ad), which was using too many cache files. We have rewritten this feature to use only one cache file on server side and store information for all users in that one.

XenCentral Framework is updated as well and now it includes a script...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, @Big Dan

Please check the latest update notes. Please use the included script to remove your old files (if you can't do it so via host panel or SSH).

Let us know if you have any other problems.

Thank you!

can we purchase branding removal after the fact, or do we have to purchase it when we originally buy the add-on?

Top Bottom