XenCentral Ad Server

XenCentral Ad Server [Paid] 2.0.0 beta 3 rev. 2

No permission to buy (€59.99)
This is an interesting add-on, just wondering if you've got any intention to add Stripe support any time soon?

The support for it is not added now, but it is something we will definitely consider to add in upcoming releases.

Thank you!

I have been using it for a week and it's a really nice system. There is a feature that I miss a lot: the list of all banners. Take a look at www.gearslutz.com website, underneath the banner ad there is "All Advertisers" link which points to this URL: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/advertisements/
I suspect it is as easy as making a custom page with a template. Could you help me out with creating something like this?

I have been using it for a week and it's a really nice system. There is a feature that I miss a lot: the list of all banners. Take a look at www.gearslutz.com website, underneath the banner ad there is "All Advertisers" link which points to this URL: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/advertisements/
I suspect it is as easy as making a custom page with a template. Could you help me out with creating something like this?

Thank you for the suggestion. We will implement it in the product soon (coming days).

Thank you!

Another suggestion:

My banner is displayed under "ad_above_content". The size is 728*90px. I modified xcas_zone_wrapper_center_align template adding height:90px styling. That fixes the problem when the website position below the ad shifts down after the banner is loaded. The only problem now is that on mobile devices the div still has 90px height. I think it would be nice if default zone_wrapper templates would "reserve" appropriate height for the banner before it is actually loaded - even on mobile devices where banners are sized down. Would that be possible?

Is there a better more intuitive way to see who or what ads are waiting on approval???

I hate to think about it but ive already missed a few potential advertisers as i forget to check the plugin options everyday.

XCentral updated XenCentral Ad Server with a new update entry:

XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.2 released

Hello everyone,

This is the next minor release of XenCentral Ad Server implementing a feature mostly requested by our customers - possibility of manual payments. Now users will see a button for manual payment along with PayPal button, clicking it they will see a page that provides them payment instructions (configuration set in Admin -> XenCentral -> Framework -> Configure Framework page) and unique transaction ID which they need to include in their manual payment. Once admins receives the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
I tried to upgrade addon to 1.3.2, issues happened and stopped:
Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'aaa_bbbb.xcas_impressions_temp' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()inZend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.phpat line381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inXenCentral/AdServer/Install.phpat line92
  5. XenCentral_AdServer_Install::installCode()
  6. call_user_func()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()inXenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.phpat line25
  8. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.phpat line236
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/ngan/public_html/up/fm_log.phpat line13
Please support me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Ngan.

Hello, @ngannguyen

We have updated the package with a fix to the installer, please try to upgrade the product with the new installer. Please let us know if after installation you have the table "xcas_impressions_temp" normally created in the database (you can check this via phpMyAdmin).

Thank you!

Hello, @ngannguyen

We have updated the package with a fix to the installer, please try to upgrade the product with the new installer. Please let us know if after installation you have the table "xcas_impressions_temp" normally created in the database (you can check this via phpMyAdmin).

Thank you!
Hi,
I installed with the latest installers (XenCentral Framework 1.3.1 - rev66 & XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.2 - rev21), but when I finished upgrading Framework and start upgrade XenCentral Ad Server, problem happened as I mentioned above.
I check the table "xcas_impressions_temp" via phpMyAdmin, there is still no that table...
Very headache issue.

Thanks,
Ngan.

Hi,
I installed with the latest installers (XenCentral Framework 1.3.1 - rev66 & XenCentral Ad Server 1.3.2 - rev21), but when I finished upgrading Framework and start upgrade XenCentral Ad Server, problem happened as I mentioned above.
I check the table "xcas_impressions_temp" via phpMyAdmin, there is still no that table...
Very headache issue.

Thanks,
Ngan.

Yes, the problem is quite strange as the installer tries to create the table, so there should not be a problem with the table not existing. Please restart your MySQL server and try to install again. If installer fails, try to run the following directly in phpMyAdmin

Code:
DROP TABLE xcas_impressions_temp;

Code:
CREATE TABLE `xcas_impressions_temp` (

`itemId`    int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,

`itemType`    varchar(255) NOT NULL,

`dateline`    int(11) unsigned NOT NULL

) ENGINE = InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Let us know the results.

Also please let us know if impression statistics work on your board as expected. You can see in Stats page if you have any impression statistics stored for banners and zones.

Thank you!

Yes, the problem is quite strange as the installer tries to create the table, so there should not be a problem with the table not existing. Please restart your MySQL server and try to install again. If installer fails, try to run the following directly in phpMyAdmin

Code:
DROP TABLE xcas_impressions_temp;

Code:
CREATE TABLE `xcas_impressions_temp` (

`itemId`    int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,

`itemType`    varchar(255) NOT NULL,

`dateline`    int(11) unsigned NOT NULL

) ENGINE = InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Let us know the results.

Also please let us know if impression statistics work on your board as expected. You can see in Stats page if you have any impression statistics stored for banners and zones.

Thank you!
Hi,
I uninstall the addon --> run the above scripts in phpMyAdmin --> install addon again --> it works now.
But, when can I find Stats page as your mentioning ?
One more question, can this addon support Flash banners ?

Thanks so much for your support,
Ngan.

XenCentral.webp

Hi,
I uninstall the addon --> run the above scripts in phpMyAdmin --> install addon again --> it works now.
But, when can I find Stats page as your mentioning ?
One more question, can this addon support Flash banners ?

Thanks so much for your support,
Ngan.

View attachment 74966

Most likely you didn't need to uninstall the addon, as you have lost your old configured zones then. Just runing the code in phpMyAdmin and restarting MySQL server could help.

Statistics are in front-end, e.g. http://demo.xencentral.com/ads/stats/zones You should have enabled "Can use front-end pages" permission for your usergroup to see the page. If you don't need impression statistics just disable them from product's options page, it will save you some queries.

Thank you!

Most likely you didn't need to uninstall the addon, as you have lost your old configured zones then. Just runing the code in phpMyAdmin and restarting MySQL server could help.

Statistics are in front-end, e.g. http://demo.xencentral.com/ads/stats/zones You should have enabled "Can use front-end pages" permission for your usergroup to see the page. If you don't need impression statistics just disable them from product's options page, it will save you some queries.

Thank you!
Thanks so much.

Hello,

we would like to create a marketplace for our community. At the moment, we use a simple sub-forum for it. I think your trading system would be a good addition. In your trading system it`s possible to click on "visit deal thread" links. I think it would be useful of you could also link ads/banners to threads.

Example: vendor x creates an ad-posting in our marketplace-forum. The posting contains a detailed description of the offered product/service. Along with the ad-posting, the vendor also buys a banner via the ad-server. This is a bit complicated to handle. The banner will be automatically deleted when the banner end date is reached but not the posting.

Maybe you could extend this add-on so that it`s possible to create banners/ads connected to a posting or the other way around: created banners/ads based on postings.

Hello, @sinucello

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately this is not something we will consider in near future as the feature is quite specific for your needs and should not be needed for most other customers. If you want we can create a separate product for you that will handle any feature you want as paid project. Please contact us at https://desk.xencentral.com/ in that case and we will review the project and provide the terms to complete it.

Thank you!

Hi,
Hopefully, XenCentral Ad Server will support Flash banners in the near future.
Animated/Flash banners are more attractive to customers.

Thanks,
Ngan.

Why is it every time I try and upgrade this product there's an issue?

Product won't upgrade. It errors out saying it needs Framework verison 1.3.2 or better. The only framework download I have available is 1.3.1.

Why is it every time I try and upgrade this product there's an issue?

Product won't upgrade. It errors out saying it needs Framework verison 1.3.2 or better. The only framework download I have available is 1.3.1.

Are you sure it asks for Framework 1.3.2 version? It definitely requires 1.3.1 version, and requirement for framework changes only when there are appropriate updates in Framework package needed for Ad Server. 1.3.1 version of Framework implements manual payment method itself, Ad Server utilizes this support.

So, make sure you have XenCentral Framework 1.3.1 version installed on the board and Ad Server should install fine.

Thank you!

Is there a better more intuitive way to see who or what ads are waiting on approval???

I hate to think about it but ive already missed a few potential advertisers as i forget to check the plugin options everyday.

Are you sure it asks for Framework 1.3.2 version? It definitely requires 1.3.1 version, and requirement for framework changes only when there are appropriate updates in Framework package needed for Ad Server. 1.3.1 version of Framework implements manual payment method itself, Ad Server utilizes this support.

So, make sure you have XenCentral Framework 1.3.1 version installed on the board and Ad Server should install fine.

Thank you!
There was an error in my log referring to 1.3.2 of the framework. However I cleared the log before screenshotting it.

However it was the cache issue again. I had to manually clear out 3 GB of files over ssh. Can you guys include a maintenance cron that flushes that cache every hour or so? 3 GB of cache is ridiculous for 5 banners.

Reactions: HWS
Top Bottom