Windows 10

Just waiting for Lumia 930 to be on sale its already launched in India looks super cool. With one OS in all my windows devices..can use office 365 cloud both on my Surface and Phone. I am thinking windows 10 update will not cost more than 2000 rupees for windows 8 users, i paid 150 to get upgrade from 7 to 8

I am running the Preview on my machines and I overall am loving it.

I just hate the fact that Metro has been dumbed down for idiots who couldn't get Windows 8 as I never had any real issue with it. Unfortunately I am the minority but i am glad to see Metro wasn't killed(I do not want to go back to just play Icons) and that while dumbed down for idiots, the stuff i love about Win 8 is there.
I find it simply amazing how often you manage to fit your foot in your mouth.

Just waiting for Lumia 930 to be on sale its already launched in India looks super cool. With one OS in all my windows devices..can use office 365 cloud both on my Surface and Phone. I am thinking windows 10 update will not cost more than 2000 rupees for windows 8 users, i paid 150 to get upgrade from 7 to 8

My friend has the Icon(the American Version of the 930) and I love that hardware. I wished MS would release it on other carriers.

Unfortunately all we have now is the Android Hand Me Downs in the "All new HTC ONE m8" for windows as "new" high end :)

I want a 1020 replacement or a Lumia 1520 replacement but no :(
I find it simply amazing how often you manage to fit your foot in your mouth.
Sorry you feel that way :p I meant what I said. Given my Job, I find myself dealing with idiots daily who either have little to no first hand experience with Windows 8 or if they do, it's because they are too stuck in their ways to...Wait for it....ADAPT and thus call the OS crappy, Horrible and awful when in reality most usability issues come from those using it.

If it wasn't for features like Cortana integration, Notification center(rumored) and the fact that Windows 10 will run on my phone and surface.....I'd probably just stay on Windows 8.1 as i really hate the fact that I have to lose a lot of what I love about Metro in favor of regressing for the ignorant majority :p

But alas, i'll upgrade(my only other options are Mac which isn't too bad or crappy Linux) so i guess a watered/dumbed down Metro windows 10 is still better than those, with better hardware IMO of course. I just wish there was a way to appease the whiners and those of us who actually supported/praise windows 10

Release Win10 as is for those who want it and Windows 10 with 8.1 metro focus for those who want it.

Given my Job, I find myself dealing with idiots daily who either have little to no first hand experience with Windows 8 or if they do, it's because they are too stuck in their ways to...Wait for it....ADAPT and thus call the OS crappy, Horrible and awful when in reality most usability issues come from those using it.
Hugely ironic considering your posts about XenForo over the past few months.

Hugely ironic considering your posts about XenForo over the past few months.

And I've since learned to Adapt as well :) So not much irony there.
I proved my own point.

I learned to adapt to Xenforo and while I still find IPB overall better(Same with those who think Win7 is better), I've learned to at least work with what Xenforo does and how it does it better. :D

You may have learned to adapt but only after months of whining which became beyond tedious.
it's not even been 2 months since i migrated back to XF(August 5) and the first few weeks or the first month i can admit i did whine a bit(Not denying it) which granted was a good portion of my fault(i do take accountability of my actions) and also due to a lack quality help for the assistance i needed. I barely got help here on the forums from our "welcoming and loving" community.

Thankfully i can pick stuff up fast and i had to teach myself the stuff since I couldn't get the help I needed/wanted here or elsewhere :D

But there's no need to exaggerate, Brogan. You're much better than that :D

Besides, as much as I do love a topic/debate this is neither the time or the place, especially since the topic has nothing to do with Micah's opinions on Xenforo.

Though to add....for you(or anyone) to notice my complaints or whining, you'd think you'd notice that my comments have mellowed and my whining has stopped :p But i suppose we cant give credit where credit is due, eh :D

The install size seems rather small - 9.7 gigs? Runs well enough on my macbook in vmware fusion. Initially I gave it 4gb of memory but it seems to be working fine with 2gb after I noticed that it booted up using less than 1gb.

There is still fragmentation of functionality with things like "Control Panel" and "PC Settings", and I was frustrated to see that you still can't right-click on VPN connections in the sidebar to edit their properties other than deleting credentials.

also due to a lack quality help for the assistance i needed. I barely got help here on the forums from our "welcoming and loving" community.
I'm going to call ******** on that.

A quick check of your profile shows these support threads created after August 5.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/what-would-cause-this-error-exactly.80589/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/anyway-to-fix-thread-ids.81032/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-xf-default-tagging.82371/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ip-discouragement.82442/

I got bored after checking those few but I would say that disproves your statement.

I'm going to call ******** on that.

A quick check of your profile shows these support threads created after August 5.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/what-would-cause-this-error-exactly.80589/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/anyway-to-fix-thread-ids.81032/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-xf-default-tagging.82371/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ip-discouragement.82442/

I got bored after checking those few but I would say that disproves your statement.

I did use the word BARELY :) I never said none :P

You received help on each of those threads.
That's all, not barely.

No-one likes a liar.
Who is lying? :D I am not sure why you felt the need to make this thread into something about Xenforo. You literally derailed the thread to attempt(keyword: attempt) to have a point to use against me(one I also admitted to myself).

I am failing to see the relevance in your original post and your insistence to try and point out my "lie" when i never did lie.

I never said i didnt receive help on those threads :) And i do appreciate that.
However those aren't the only threads i've posted nor is this the only place i've used for support assistance.
Thankfully the power of google/bing, i am usually able to find my answers on my own without having to ask so many questions here or elsewhere :)

My "reputation" within our lovely community, i hear, works against me lol and most dont want to help me. *shrugs*

Oh wells i guess :D i do hope i can count on your help in the future should I need, Brogan :D

I apologise for taking the thread off topic but I feel very strongly about the support provided here on the forum and via tickets, and won't allow anyone to make make unfounded allegations about it.
We are very proud of the support we provide.

Now, back to the thread...

I am running the Preview on my machines and I overall am loving it.

I just hate the fact that Metro has been dumbed down for idiots who couldn't get Windows 8 as I never had any real issue with it. Unfortunately I am the minority but i am glad to see Metro wasn't killed(I do not want to go back to just play Icons) and that while dumbed down for idiots, the stuff i love about Win 8 is there.
Oh, I have no problem with windows 8. I dumped windows years ago for Linux only :)

I'm still on Win 7.
When I do upgrade, it will be to Win 10 or later

Win 7 currently does everything I need it to; after all it's just the interface to the programs I use, nothing more.

I'm still on Win 7.
When I do upgrade, it will be to Win 10 or later

Win 7 currently does everything I need it to; after all it's just the interface to the programs I use, nothing more.
I'm shocked. I pictured you as a Linux user Brogan. :)

I don't have time for messing around with that and use too many programs which require Windows.

Top Bottom