Windows 10

thats not what that page says
My mistake. I don't read it clearly.

By giving away Windows 10 for free, at least for the first year, Microsoft is deviating from its regular sales model for the first time. The software maker announced earlier today that Windows 10 will be launching this summer in 190 countries, with the vendor focusing its attention on China.

http://www.windowscentral.com/you-c...e-even-if-youre-using-pirated-version-windows

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Again the touch integration is making more sense.. the vision that these guys had since Win 8 is slowly becoming realty.. Exciting times for windows fan boys like me

Windows 10 going monitor less :)

now the metro UI makes perfect sense

I've noticed a trend.

• Windows XP: Good
  • Windows Vista: Bad
  • Windows 7: Good
  • Windows 8: Bad

Windows 9 would be good, which would make Windows 10 bad. ;)
Windows Vista & 7 is better than 10.
I have upgraded 7 to 10, 3 month ago. I didn't know what happened to my desktop again death of bluescreen.

I am tired to safe mode it's back now, i enter downgraded to windows 7 from windows.old it's back right, i won't upgrade. Because crap and many bugs..

Windows Vista & 7 is better than 10.
I have upgraded 7 to 10, 3 month ago. I didn't know what happened to my desktop again death of bluescreen.

I am tired to safe mode it's back now, i enter downgraded to windows 7 from windows.old it's back right, i won't upgrade. Because crap and many bugs..

I would have expected this kind of post from a normal person on a non technical forum but to see it here it amazes me.

Windows 10 may be bad in many things but being unstable is an absolute lie. Even apple fan boys CNET acknowledge how stable Windows 10 is.

As if OSX is bug less, it hasn't even gone through the first iteration of implementing full screen touch in the OS which windows did with Windows 8.

Why do you think Apple still doesnt have the confidence to release a full touch mac?

I would have expected this kind of post from a normal person on a non technical forum but to see it here it amazes me.

Why?

And is the person you are responding to really not normal, do you know this for a fact?....and what is normal?....please define 'normal' for me so I can understand if you are trying to actually respond to people or if you are just fanboying windows and trying to shut people up who have something bad to say by any means necessary.

If you are not a microsoft shill please apologize to the new member you just insulted. Just because people want to run a forum it doesn't make them a technical person and saying what you did immediately following shows you are either working for microsoft, or that you have no ********ed respect.

Again the touch integration is making more sense.. the vision that these guys had since Win 8 is slowly becoming realty.. Exciting times for windows fan boys like me

I doubt that Microsoft created touchscreen technology at the time for windows 8 primarily for this device. They took a chance on something that was gimmicky and (IMO) screwed up how touchscreen worked on the OS which didn't pay off. I very much doubt either that they visioned their touch technology for the surface studio since at the time their vision was on the border of being "let's bankrupt Microsoft". Perhaps an exaggeration but they certainly didn't have the vision back then. The vision these guys had back then was not the vision these guys have today. Back then I'm quite sure they had a different CEO, only when the new CEO, and major cost cutting employee bloat have Microsoft recently shown some very nice technology and to a degree innovation. IMO.

That being said, The Surface Studio is something I'm interested in, well, until the I viewed the specs and I would have purchased had the specs been better. I'm sure with the NM process lowering each year they could have went for a better CPU and GPU with a price tag such as this it really needs to have a better spec. Feel free to disagree though I'm sure many people would be happy with the specs.

What do you think, Could the specs have been better?

Edit: I just re-read the official specs list. The CPU seems okay there is an I7 option but I expect that will be a 4 core, would have liked to see a 6 core variant or a 10 since graphic programs usually are multi-core supported. The GPU is still a concern point, even on the higher end option of the device. I would have also thought the amount of RAM you could have would have been higher, graphic programs love memory and will use as much as you can throw at it, I have 32gig in my machine and I could still do with more, and will add more, perhaps 128gig if they want to appeal to artists. For extra measure, I would have liked to see a couple of M.2 slots added, for people that really want speed and serious on the Artistic side I would have thought specs could have been better.

Why do you think Apple still doesnt have the confidence to release a full touch mac?

Because the child labor they deploy would muddy the screens from all that digging with their tiny hands and dirty the screens from the ore minerals they have to gather at unregulated refineries and processing plants that look more like make do straw huts? Go on, I'm curious, why? I'm quite sure it's not because of the response you're about to give but I'll keep an open mind. I'm sure it's not lack of confidence, but more they can't squeeze out enough profit vs cost, they love profit vs cost that is how Apple work.

Regarding Vista, that OS was a dog, win7 was very good and it took me years to move away from that, reluctantly. Win10 is still running sweet for me, I had a stint in the insiders program (fast Ring) which was an absolute nightmare where there were issues and re-occurring issues. It was a pain to get out of but win10 normal is fine, stable and never experienced any crash whatsoever. Still not without it's flaws though with many processes on the go coming from Microsoft and privacy matters I'd rather Microsoft not deploy but otherwise a stable OS.

I doubt that Microsoft created touchscreen technology at the time for windows 8 primarily for this device. They took a chance on something that was gimmicky and (IMO) screwed up how touchscreen worked on the OS which didn't pay off. I very much doubt either that they visioned their touch technology for the surface studio since at the time their vision was on the border of being "let's bankrupt Microsoft"..

Microsoft demoed something similar well before Windows 8. They were waiting for hardware to catch up. Actually people cuss Steve balmer a lot, he did make a fool of himself on stage god I hate him for that but some of the tech you see today started way back in his tenure. It takes a lot of time to pull off something like this.

The machine learning which you see on hololens dates back to the 90's someone I know from redmond told me the first teams for AI were formed in 98 i dont know if its true but the I know for a fact it is very time consuming and its not like the rest of R&D in Computer world. This is more like pure sciene R&D talking awful lot of time.

I'm sure it's not lack of confidence, but more they can't squeeze out enough profit vs cost, they love profit vs cost that is how Apple work.

I am not sure either, they went for touchbar in macbook pros, so they clearly see touch is important or they will be left behind but struggling. May be they are just afraid to take a risk like MS did with Windows 8 and release a touch enabled MACS with bugs in it. MACS whole reputation is built around being bug less UX.

Even the touchbar is not real MacOS its just the apple watch OS integrated into MacOS.

What do you think, Could the specs have been better?
Yes, they needed to atleast put USB-C like Apple but I am expecting them to go thunderbolt port way because of Windows OEM releasing similar devices this year. This port lets you connect powered external peripherals like a GPU to your computer and its also crazy fast compared to USB 3.0 and you can also daisy chain external hardwares

I think the processor, gpu and ram is sufficient for photoshop and illustrator work at 4K but I am not sure what the CAD, Maya or Unity Game devs think. Some think they should have put better GPU in it like the 10 series and not 9 series.

Anyway 4K is a lot of money to invest in so I would naturally wait for next generation, you can see how surface pros are so much better than surface RT. These things take time and I dont have lot of money so if I buy something it should last me atleast 3- 4 years. So my decision is to wait for version 2 until they add thunderbolt ports. So you can add external GPU which is something like this

It will extend the life of the Studio to a few more years. Apparently Tokyo 2020 will be broadcast in 8K so that gives you an idea how long 4K will last. Besides if hololens makes it we can move that in 5 years time :)

Last edited:

Microsoft demoed something similar well before Windows 8. They were waiting for hardware to catch up. Actually people cuss Steve balmer a lot, he did make a fool of himself on stage god I hate him for that but some of the tech you see today started way back in his tenure. It takes a lot of time to pull off something like this.

The machine learning which you see on hololens dates back to the 90's someone I know from redmond told me the first teams for AI were formed in 98 i dont know if its true but the I know for a fact it is very time consuming and its not like the rest of R&D in Computer world. This is more like pure sciene R&D talking awful lot of time.

I am not sure either, they went for touchbar in macbook pros, so they clearly see touch is important or they will be left behind but struggling. May be they are just afraid to take a risk like MS did with Windows 8 and release a touch enabled MACS with bugs in it. MACS whole reputation is built around being bug less UX.

Even the touchbar is not real MacOS its just the apple watch OS integrated into MacOS.

Yes, they needed to atleast put USB-C like Apple but I am expecting them to go thunderbolt port way because of Windows OEM releasing similar devices this year. This port lets you connect powered external peripherals like a GPU to your computer and its also crazy fast compared to USB 3.0 and you can also daisy chain external hardwares

I think the processor, gpu and ram is sufficient for photoshop and illustrator work at 4K but I am not sure what the CAD, Maya or Unity Game devs think. Some think they should have put better GPU in it like the 10 series and not 9 series.

Anyway 4K is a lot of money to invest in so I would naturally wait for next generation, you can see how surface pros are so much better than surface RT. These things take time and I dont have lot of money so if I buy something it should last me atleast 3- 4 years. So my decision is to wait for version 2 until they add thunderbolt ports. So you can add external GPU which is something like this

It will extend the life of the Studio to a few more years. Apparently Tokyo 2020 will be broadcast in 8K so that gives you an idea how long 4K will last. Besides if hololens makes it we can move that in 5 years time :)

I wouldn't want to be lugging that thing around, not that you would want to move the Surface Studio. I did notice alot of artists who have been lucky to test drive this, whenever they were drawing diagonal lines they are jaggy and it lacks that smooth flow so they've had to resort to a 3rd party software. Something Microsoft might fix since it's quite a big deal for some. Regardless of that, I love the idea of the device but I honestly still think Microsoft could have done better with the hardware considering the price. I personally feel they compromised on hardware but that's just my opinion. I'll wait for the next revision see what they bring on the table then since I'm a heavy user of photoshop and would exclusively use it for design work.

Top Bottom