1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 vBulletin 5 => IPB 4.1 => xenForo password problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by hauhmbkav1, Oct 13, 2016.

1. hauhmbkav1

hauhmbkav1 New Member

After import database from vbb5 to IPB, all user's passwords are lost. Is there any way to import directly password from vbb5 to xenForo?
    Thanks.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think there's one or two service providers who provide import services from vB5 to XF but I have no idea whether they do a double import or whether it's a direct import.

A search through this forum might give the answer:

https://xenforo.com/community/search/8629621/?q=vBulletin+5&o=relevance&c[node]=42

Alternatively, if you can find a way to import from vB5 to another forum software where the passwords aren't lost then that could be an option.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

With double imports, passwords would almost always be lost. We generally only support the password format of the source forum itself. With a double import, the password is either lost initially or it won't be maintained as it's in a different format than what we expect.

This would likely only be resolvable with custom importer changes.

4. hauhmbkav1

hauhmbkav1 New Member

Hi Mike, can you suggest me something for the custom importer?

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would be something you would likely need to talk to a developer about doing something to meet your needs.