1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 XenForo Password/Verification Emails Being Marked as Spam due to content?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DeltaHawk5, Dec 24, 2015.

1. DeltaHawk5

DeltaHawk5 New Member

I've had multiple users inform me that their gmail (and other email providers) have been flagging the content of xenforo password resets and validations as spam due to being "similar to other spam messages". This is not an issued that we had when we were using vBulletin, so I know our domain has not fallen into some spam blacklists, etc. Does anyone have any advice? Can e-mail templates be changed to simply contain a plain text link and instructions, and nothing else? This is a consistent pain thus far.

2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

What mail server/service are you using for sending your emails?
    Perhaps it's based on that?
    Alfa1 likes this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Is the SPF and DKIM set correctly for the mail server?
    Have you run your site through the mxtoolbox?
  4. DeltaHawk5

DeltaHawk5 New Member

We have a dedicated mail-server built into our VPS that handles all outgoing forum messages. That hasn't changed since we moved over to XenForo, which is when this problem started.

I'll double check. Like I said before, this wasn't an issue until we switched over to XenForo, and Gmail is specifically saying the contents of the message are the reason they're being flagged as spam.