Is it possible to move from vBulletin 5 to XenForo?

xffutureuser

Hello,

I am a frustrated, desperate vBulletin 5 customer. I liked very much vB4 as a regular user. So when i decided to run my own forum I believed that vB5 will be the best I can get.
But only yesterday I have learned the background behind vBulletin, their people, and now I know the real vB5 is actually XF. As a long time vB4 user I can feel it already. :)
The vBulletin 5 is total crap with terrible arrogant support. They don't mind to have bugs, errors for 5 years without fixing them, just because it is not important enough for them. Basic features are taking them years to fix. Point system, even developers don't know yet how it should work, even after 6 years of development.
Their product is still in Alfa stage, they shouldn't be selling it to the customers at all.

vB5 is totally doomed, I don't think it will ever work. After 5 years with them I am done. I can't handle it anymore. I need to run away from them as fast as possible.

So please, let me know if it is still possible to move from vBulltin 5 to XenForo? I hope yes.

Thanks

Thank you. That is good news. I will need a professional help to move it, however.

On vB5 there are comments within a thread and you don't have it. So first, I guess, I will have to install some add-on with that feature and then I can make the move. Right?

Last edited:
Thanks, will talk to him. Is he good in coding, editing this forum too? I would need someone for that too. Someone who can edit, modify anything on this forum. If you know someone, please let me know.
Thanks

Is he good in coding, editing this forum too? I would need someone for that too. Someone who can edit, modify anything on this forum. If you know someone, please let me know.
Yep.

By the way, not to be a meanie but a quick google search of vB 5 would have possibly saved you from the abomination it is. Remember, research before "upgrading" and always ask yourself, "What is my compelling reason for 'upgrading?'" If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way. But at least, once burned twice shy, right?

You're doing the right thing now though and you'll be very glad you went to XF.

Remember, research before "upgrading" and always ask yourself, "What is my compelling reason for 'upgrading?'" If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way. But at least, once burned twice shy, right?
I know, that is way I am now researching ahead everything. But I started with vB5 right from beginning, when they started. So there wasn't too much info. And I knew vB4 as a user very well and I liked vB4, so I thought going to vB5 it will only be better. I just now have learned that vBulletin was sold and main developers moved to XF, as I anderstand. So that is way I am here now.

I know, that is way I am now researching ahead everything. But I started with vB5 right from beginning, when they started. So there wasn't too much info. And I knew vB4 as a user very well and I liked vB4, so I thought going to vB5 it will only be better. I just now have learned that vBulletin was sold and main developers moved to XF, as I anderstand. So that is way I am here now.
That's terrible, first experience with owning forum software being that horrid vB5. Makes me sad that people have to go through that.

Top Bottom