VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Yes, Vaultwiki is very cheap as you can choose for example to just renew once a year, so then you will have Vaultwiki for $10 a year.

ok so I just renamed the xf files, not sure what harm it would do, now im getting this error:

Code:
Step 12
Importing configuration settings

Missing argument 2 for vw_Settings_vw_titlevar_Model::validate(), called in /var/www/html/library/vw/XenForo/Option/TitleVar.php on line 21 and defined

vw_CP_Progress_View->handle_php_error() invault/core/model/settings/vw_titlevar/vw.php at line 135
vw_Settings_vw_titlevar_Model->validate() in library/vw/XenForo/Option/TitleVar.php at line 21
vw_XenForo_Option_TitleVar::validate()
call_user_func_array() in library/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() inlibrary/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() inlibrary/Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 26
Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() inlibrary/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in library/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in library/XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() invault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 56
vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_options() invault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 273
vw_Install_Full_Steps_Controller_XF->{closure}() invault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 100
vw_Progress_Controller->call() in vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 45
vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line208
vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 64
vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 115
vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionIndex() inlibrary/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 144
vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionUpgrade() inlibrary/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 154
vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionInstall() inlibrary/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in admin.php at line 13

One of those error messages suggests that you still have some files from the Lite installer present, and that they were not overwritten when you uploaded the full version. If you upgrade to full with some Lite version installer files, the results could be really random. Always make sure you follow the notice instructions that appear after upgrades, such as removing the install folder after each one. You can dismiss the message if your XenForo install has Debug Mode turned on, but you should not ignore it forever, because you can get errors during future upgrades or just create a really weird wiki database.

One of those error messages suggests that you still have some files from the Lite installer present, and that they were not overwritten when you uploaded the full version. If you upgrade to full with some Lite version installer files, the results could be really random. Always make sure you follow the notice instructions that appear after upgrades, such as removing the install folder after each one. You can dismiss the message if your XenForo install has Debug Mode turned on, but you should not ignore it forever, because you can get errors during future upgrades or just create a really weird wiki database.
good news, I fixed that issue by reinstalling the files, so the whole missing xf-lite thing is fixed, and I followed your direction on the Bug Submission on your Website, now Everthing is good :D

Now i have a issue where clicking on the Wiki Tab it takes me to http://wiki/ instead of http://windmillgaming.tk/wiki/

The system seems great, but i can't for the life of me get the hang of using it. I've gone over the documentation on your site, but some links are dead, and some just seem to be out dated.

It took me ages of hunting around to figure out why i couldn't see the sidebar blocks (The permissions for them are separate from the permissions screen).

Now i'm trying to find out how to add templates, or even some templates as examples, or any information on templates! But i can't find anything that can help me anywhere.

Hopefully some one can point me in the right direction, I'm a bit out of my depth here!

This is from the outdated manual, but the information about how to use templates is still relatively accurate. I'm still writing the new manual. If I have time, I try to add at least 1 entry each day.

Basic info on writing templates: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Help/VaultWiki-3-Manual/VW3:Creating-Templates
Basic info on using already-written templates: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Help/VaultWiki-3-Manual/VW3:Using-Templates
This info is summarized on your Special:WikiCodeList page: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Special:WikiCodeList#template

Info on some more advanced templating functions: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Special:WikiCodeList#templatecodes

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.1

(released January 28, 2015)
  • New Feature: Replace Article Icons with a Custom Image
  • Fixed fatal error viewing discussion with comment by a deleted user
  • Fixed missing error handling for some admin panels
  • Fixed actioned content via inline moderation not removed from queue
  • Fixed fatal error for non-super moderators viewing queue
  • Fixed error messages showing phrase names
  • Fixed @mention not working in wiki comments
  • Fixed global feeds only editable by moderators...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Purchased a license last night and was wondering in how long would confirmation take before I could download the paid version files?

Depending on your payment method, it could be anywhere from instantly to several days:
- PayPal balance, credit card should be instant
- E-check/EFT may take several days depending on your bank

When the payment is successful you should receive a confirmation email letting you know the order was completed and that you can now download it. Some mail servers/clients might sort this email into your bulk mail folder. Unless of course you already opted-out of order-status emails, in which case you would never receive this notice.

You should also get a receipt of the order via PM on the site, so that would be the other way you would find out.

Hi @pegasus

Im currently looking for a wiki for my site and am torn between yours and XenWiki.

Just ca couple of questions if your able to help.

Will your mod allow me to easily create a wiki like this one? http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Astronaut_Outfit

Basically where all items are linked together? Eg - Automatic Cross Page linking.

EG - If I create a page about an item called "Item Three" - If I then mention "Item Three" on another page, will it automatically link to it?

If that is the case, does it also work backwords?

So I create a page called "Collect" mentioning Item One and Item Two - however there isnt a page for those items yet. If I then create a page for each of Item One and Item Two - Will the page "Collect" automatically link to them?

Hope that makes sense!

To our knowledge, VaultWiki was the first wiki software to offer Automatic Cross Page linking (or Auto-Links), although I may be mistaken and NuWiki (VaultWiki's spiritual predecessor) was. Jaxel (the author of XenCarta(wiki) ) was a user of VaultWiki on vBulletin back in the day and at the time that he moved to XenForo, our VaultWiki for XenForo wasn't ready yet, so he made XenCarta for his own site.

VaultWiki gets more frequent updates than XenCarta.
From what I've heard, VaultWiki gets more timely support/question responses.

Auto-Links will work "backwards" after the cache for a page expires. Page caching saves time and resources, which means a more responsive (performance-wise, not style-wise) site for your users.

When deleting an attachment page it throws the following error:

Code:
Server Error

Database Error: SELECT *,flags + 0 AS `flags`,filedata FROM `vw_attachmentthumb` WHERE `attachfileid` IN (2) Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'filedata' in 'field list'

vw_DB_Controller_XF->throw_error() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/db/xf.php at line 160
    vw_DB_Controller_XF->query_read() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/model/db/mysql/vw.php at line 29
    vw_DB_MySQL_Model->select() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/attach/file/vw.php at line 458
    vw_DM_Attach_File_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/vw.php at line 113
    vw_DM_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/attach/edit/vw.php at line 619
    vw_DM_Attach_Edit_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/vw.php at line 113
    vw_DM_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/attach/vw.php at line 458
    vw_DM_Attach_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/vw.php at line 113
    vw_DM_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/page/vw.php at line 1860
    vw_DM_Page_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/vw.php at line 113
    vw_DM_Controller->delete_multiple() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/imod/vw.php at line 385
    vw_UI_iMod_Controller->kill() in /home/airportc/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/imod/vw.php at line 108
    vw_UI_iMod_Controller->execute() in vw/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Moderate.php at line 50
    vw_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Moderate->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/airportc/public_html/index.php at line 13

server.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom