VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
In Style Properties, there's a section "Wiki Page Controls". You want to modify the "Pop-up Menus" section.
thanks.

first question:
what about area titles?
Untitled.webp

2nd question:
can you give/link to a brief sample on some of the codes?
  • "comment"
  • "h"
  • "footnote"
  • "reflist"
  • "table"

Last edited:
pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0

(released January 1, 2015)
  • Content Feeds for Showcasing Wiki Content
  • Toggles to Hide Wiki Filters from New Posts
  • Fixed inability to re-enable disabled content types
  • Fixed URL rebuild not clearing post cache
  • Fixed URLs having paths of non-parents
  • Fixed database error customizing block/attach permissions for areas
  • Fixed database error previewing new book chapters
  • Fixed database error previewing new category members
  • Fixed inability to save changes to some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

See the full announcement here: https://www.vaultwiki.org/articles/164/

This release includes a "Feeds" feature, which is implemented kind of like a Facebook wall -- you can post articles to a feed or share articles to a feed. Share a feed with your friends, or with the entire wiki readership. Feeds let you show multiple wiki articles on the screen at once, with the most recent share at the top.

This is crucial to emulating a standard article system or blog functionality. I'll post links to our tutorials about how to use VaultWiki to setup user blogs, news article feeds, and more once we move our own blogs and news articles into this function and can showcase the feature with some real content.

Last edited:
In the Admin Panel, visit the wiki's Sidebar Blocks section. Modify any of the sidebar blocks and hit save. This should reset the cache and stop any further copies of that error from occurring.

I think the cache damage happens when the cache that usually contains sidebar blocks is requested during the installation process. During the installation process some values are still missing, so they become missing in the cache. I am working on a patch now that should prevent this on future new installations.

For existing installations, it can be corrected by modifying any sidebar block as described earlier in this post.

hi @pegasus

can you give/link to a brief sample on some of the bbcodes?
  • "comment"
  • "h"
  • "footnote"
  • "reflist"
  • "table"
for example, i've been trying to add a table to a page and can't get it to look.... anything like a table :p

Is there any documentation for the mediawiki import process? I'm super excited to get this running live, but need to do a fresh mediawiki import. Can't seem to find it on your site...

hi @pegasus

can you give/link to a brief sample on some of the bbcodes?
  • "comment"
  • "h"
  • "footnote"
  • "reflist"
  • "table"
for example, i've been trying to add a table to a page and can't get it to look.... anything like a table :p
You can see examples of all of these on your Special:WikiCodeList page. Here's the page on our support site: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Special:WikiCodeList
Is there any documentation for the mediawiki import process? I'm super excited to get this running live, but need to do a fresh mediawiki import. Can't seem to find it on your site...
There is no documentation for the MediaWiki import process as of this morning. I will see what I can do about that today.

Thanks much! I've done a fresh clean install on our live board (wiki is empty). Install process went flawlessly. But just a few errors have popped up related to the moderation queue. These always occur together:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_ModerationQueue::getVisibleModerationQueueEntriesForUser() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/ModerationQueue.php on line 42 and defined - library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php:122
Generated By: moduser1, 26 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php(122): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/talkbass/...', 122, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/ModerationQueue.php(42): XenForo_Model_ModerationQueue->getVisibleModerationQueueEntriesForUser(NULL)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_ModerationQueue->actionIndex()
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://www.talkbass.com/moderation-queue/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

and

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: newEntries - library/vw/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php:94
Generated By: moduser1, 26 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/vw/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php(94): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/talkbass/...', 94, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/vw/XenForo/Model/ModerationQueue.php(23): vw_XenForo_Model_ModerationQueue->vwMergeWikiModerationQueueEntries(Array, Array)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/ModerationQueue.php(31): vw_XenForo_Model_ModerationQueue->getModerationQueueEntries()
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_ModerationQueue->actionIndex()
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://www.talkbass.com/moderation-queue/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Also... is there any way to remove the wiki format buttons from the editor, when not editing a wiki page? These buttons don't match our layout and aren't needed for us in the general forums:

Never mind - found it :) Syntax Manager.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jan 09 10-16-41.webp
    Screenshot at Jan 09 10-16-41.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
looks cool, but waaaaay to expensive for a Xenforo Addon
If you consider $10 too expensive for an add-on that rivals the forum software in the number of lines of code... can't really help you there. It's its lowest price point in 4 years. Almost all of our active clients still argue that the pricing is too low.

looks cool, but waaaaay to expensive for a Xenforo Addon
actually I have a question since I dont understand, if I were to buy it for $10, if I make it to were it does not Renew for the $10/m thing, does that mean its just a one time payment for only a month of Updates for $10? or does it just buy me a year of Updates for $10/month?

A one time payment of $10 and updates for that month. Whenever you want another update in the future, $10 to get another month. You are not charged for unused time.

If you wanted a year of updates, that's a different price $60. The same formula as above applies, just replace the word "month" with "year".

It's just up to you to decide how often you plan to install updates.

A lot of users use the $10 option as a "trial" period. After that they often change to the yearly plan or just the one-time never-pay-for-updates-again option.

(Disclaimer: Prices as listed in the post are as of date of posting. Actual pricing may change over time).

Last edited:
A one time payment of $10 and updates for that month. Whenever you want another update in the future, $10 for the update.
ok now that sounds better, sorry for saying its expensive, I just didn't understand, I might Buy it today :D since Xencarta Wiki doesnt have any good support for TinyMCE Editor, I tested your Lite Addon, and it works perfectly! thats why im willing to switch, plus im using the Lite version of Xencarta wiki anyways, so its not like im loosing any money, but investing in your Addon

ok so I bought it, and when using the install script this happend:

Code:
Step 11
Importing admin permissions

An exception occurred: The file /var/www/html/vault/core/controller/install/db/xml/admin_perms/xf-lite.xml specified doesn't exist in /var/www/html/library/Zend/Xml/Security.php on line 95

Zend_Xml_Security::scanFile() in library/XenForo/Helper/DevelopmentXml.php at line 17
XenForo_Helper_DevelopmentXml::scanFile() invault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 471
vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->get_document() invault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 366
vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_admin_permissions() invault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 228
vw_Install_Full_Steps_Controller_XF->{closure}() invault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 100
vw_Progress_Controller->call() in vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 45
vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line208
vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 64
vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 115
vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionIndex() inlibrary/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 144
vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionUpgrade() inlibrary/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 154
vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionInstall() inlibrary/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom