VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
The download script on our site did not give you the event listeners XML file /vault/core/controller/install/db/xml/plugins/xf.xml. I have looked into this and resolved the issue. You should be able to download the file now.

I now have access to the VaultWiki ACP .. we shall see...

Error when trying to go to HOME:

Fatal error: Call to a member function pre_render() on a non-object in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/library/vw/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Plain.php on line 143

Last edited:
Step 18
installing_templates

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '0-account.css' for key 'style_id_title' in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1288
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->insertTemplateMapForStyles() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Template.php at line 38
  6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template->rebuild() in/xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 240
  7. vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_templates() in/xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 563
  8. {closure}() in /home/thefreek/public_html/board/vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 80
  9. vw_Progress_Controller->call() in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 39
  10. vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line143
  11. vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 74
  12. vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/cp/global.php at line 72
  13. require_once() in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/vault/install/index.php at line 37

Error when trying to go to HOME:

Fatal error: Call to a member function pre_render() on a non-object in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/library/vw/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Plain.php on line 143
What do you have set as your Home tab? I would like to try to reproduce this issue. It sounds like the parser is not being instantiated properly somewhere.

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '0-account.css' for key 'style_id_title' in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214
I don't see how you can have 2 account.css templates installed during normal XenForo use (the error suggests there are already 2, and it is trying to add both to the template-map). VaultWiki doesn't add a template by this name. This error occurs when VaultWiki asks the CacheRebuilder to rebuild the template cache, and the template cache wants to add two templates with the same name for some reason. Do you have any mods installed that might modify XenForo_Model_Template or the template system itself?

Call to pre_render issues will be fixed in the next build, which should be committed later today. Apparently there are a number of places where XenForo doesn't instantiate the BB-Code Parser in an XFCP-able context, even though it uses an XFCP-ed Formatter.

Most notably this occurs in RSS Feeds and Quick Reply.

For Beta 2, we are now working on a way to hijack the parser and reinstantiate if such a context is detected. Ideally, XenForo will update their code and allow developers to extend the Parser everywhere it is used, so that such a workaround is unnecessary

Last edited:
I don't see how you can have 2 account.css templates installed during normal XenForo use (the error suggests there are already 2, and it is trying to add both to the template-map). VaultWiki doesn't add a template by this name. This error occurs when VaultWiki asks the CacheRebuilder to rebuild the template cache, and the template cache wants to add two templates with the same name for some reason. Do you have any mods installed that might modify XenForo_Model_Template or the template system itself?
I have the Template Modification System installed: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/template-modification-system-tms.293/

Logically, I cannot see a reason why this error would occur, based on the debug backtrace you posted. Before any insert queries are run on xf_template_map, the table is truncated. If the table is not truncated (but I believe VaultWiki does), then all entries for the style being updated are first removed. The script inserts the rows from an array that goes style > delete style rows, title > insert. This order suggests, that unless this function is overridden (which the backtrace suggests it is not) that two rows will never be inserted by this function that have the same unique key (like 0-account.css)

The only possible way I can imagine is if the MySQL user that is connecting to the database does not have permissions to run a TRUNCATE action. Assuming this on its own doesn't throw an error (I imagine it should), this might cause the rows to still be present when the insert takes place. Please confirm whether the MySQL user employed by XenForo's config file can or cannot use TRUNCATE commands (user would have DROP privileges).

EDIT: Just tried with a user without DROP privileges, and there is first an error that DROP is denied for user, so I'm at a loss. This might be something like a race condition between 2 simultaneous requests to the installer (some old browser toolbars did this). You might do well to request a free pro install at the support site.

Last edited:
Logically, I cannot see a reason why this error would occur, based on the debug backtrace you posted. Before any insert queries are run on xf_template_map, the table is truncated. If the table is not truncated (but I believe VaultWiki does), then all entries for the style being updated are first removed. The script inserts the rows from an array that goes style > delete style rows, title > insert. This order suggests, that unless this function is overridden (which the backtrace suggests it is not) that two rows will never be inserted by this function that have the same unique key (like 0-account.css)

The only possible way I can imagine is if the MySQL user that is connecting to the database does not have permissions to run a TRUNCATE action. Assuming this on its own doesn't throw an error (I imagine it should), this might cause the rows to still be present when the insert takes place. Please confirm whether the MySQL user employed by XenForo's config file can or cannot use TRUNCATE commands (user would have DROP privileges).

EDIT: Just tried with a user without DROP privileges, and there is first an error that DROP is denied for user, so I'm at a loss. This might be something like a race condition between 2 simultaneous requests to the installer (some old browser toolbars did this). You might do well to request a free pro install at the support site.

The user has the appropriate permissions alright.

I had some unrelated server issues yesterday which might have caused issues. I tried to reinstall just now and it seemed to be working. The installation was successful and I get to the admin panel.

But if I try to read a thread on my forum I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function pre_render() on a non-object in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/library/vw/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter.php on line 138

And trying to access the homepage of the admin cp gives me the following memory error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 321 bytes) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/board/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294

The pre_render issues are resolved in build 004, which can be downloaded now. The out of memory issue I'm not sure about. It might be related to phrases - you can check by editing library/vw/XenForo/CodeEventListener/Public.php. Find:
Code:
vw_Hard_Core::view('Global')->replace_phrases($output, $encoding);
Replace with:
Code:
//vw_Hard_Core::view('Global')->replace_phrases($output, $encoding);
If this helps, it will make all wiki phrases go blank, but will narrow down the cause. Otherwise I'll need more information, like do you use TMS to modify any admin templates?

Installed... created test area. How to access the wiki in order to create new pages and such??

/wiki_index.php gives me an error:

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I am now accessing wiki index page... nothing is there.. as I have not actually entered anything yet, there is no option to create a page or anything.

This is pre-Beta stage... more like a Alpha release????

Last edited:
Is there going to be a free version?
We usually release a Lite/demo version between RC and gold status for each version.

I am now accessing wiki index page... nothing is there.. as I have not actually entered anything yet, there is no option to create a page or anything.
Have you checked VaultWiki Admin Panel > Permissions > Usergroups? Users can only add pages to Areas, Categories, and Books, if they have permissions under e.g. Area Permissions > Can create pages? You can't add pages to the actual wiki index page via the front-end; this is something only admins are allowed to do.

Last edited:
Looking at the source code for XenForo 1.2, it seems to make add-ons' lives easier. Example, I don't think the call to pre_render error would ever have happened if the min version for VaultWiki was XenForo 1.2. I wonder if it's worth making fixes to things that are only a problem in old versions of XenForo, especially since VaultWiki wouldn't be gold status until XenForo 1.2 likely is first.

Another benefit of increasing requirement to 1.2, VaultWiki can be routed through XenForo's index.php, rather than having its own script.

I don't think it makes any sense to focus on issues that are not there in 1.2
Most people will simply upgrade to xf 1.2 as soon as the addons they run are made compatible with 1.2

Vaultwiki needs to be updated to be made compatible with XF 1.2. Please mind that both VW as XF 1.2 are still in beta and xf has a whole new editor. I would just wait until Pegasus releases a version compatible with XF1.2.

Top Bottom