VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Beta 3 will contain the style update which sets the wiki style properties to match XenForo defaults, uses XenForo member-cards where applicable, and places the wiki sidebar in XenForo's sidebar. Still a few more integrations and bug fixes before release...

It's possible with a 1 line file edit currently. I'm currently considering ways how to make it configurable on a per-integrate-able-node basis without introducing significant additional overhead.

In Beta 3 we have modified wiki thread headers as follows:
- The forum options will ask "Allow Wiki Content Integration?"
  • No
  • Yes, but staff must choose one first
  • Yes, anyone can choose one
- When choosing the first "Yes" option, headers will behave same as before.
- When choosing the second "Yes" option, any user who can create a thread in the forum can pick/create its header. For threads, any user that can reply can pick/create its header.
- A "Prevent users from changing" setting has been added to the config for each header since non-OP users might have access to the config. Only the OP/admins can control this value. After it's turned on, users can't switch the header to show a different wiki page, and users can't turn the header on/off. For clarification, the setting doesn't affect ability to edit the header's content. If they could edit the content before, they would still be able to.

If I buy, can I still download old versions, even if I have dont have an active license anymore?

Edit: Is it possible to set permissions to Wiki Areas so just allowed Usergroups can see the Pages inside the Areas?

Please allow webmasters to prepare for migration from vbulletin to xenforo. i.e. please allow me to download a XF version for testing, while running a vb version live until migration.

I must be the only one lost here. I spent a good 15 minutes on your site and just couldn't for the life of me figure out this wiki. Adding a page, linking it to others. I'm just lost. It seems like all Wikis, not just this one, are made to just give me a massive headache.

Is there like some tutorials for this? Any "For Dummies..." guides out there?

For your demo, Island Demo or whatever it was, is that how this works? Do all of the categories or whatever it is have that weird vw_editor_category_desc tag? Is there a way to get some sort of fresh demo?

If I buy, can I still download old versions, even if I have dont have an active license anymore?

Edit: Is it possible to set permissions to Wiki Areas so just allowed Usergroups can see the Pages inside the Areas?
Yes, to an extent. One year after release, old versions become End-of-Life, which means they won't get patches for security vulnerabilities anymore. If a security vulnerability is discovered after that happens, the affected EOL versions get removed to protect users.

And yes, there is a usergroup permission for that.

I must be the only one lost here. I spent a good 15 minutes on your site and just couldn't for the life of me figure out this wiki. Adding a page, linking it to others...

Is there like some tutorials for this? Any "For Dummies..." guides out there?

For your demo, Island Demo or whatever it was, is that how this works? Do all of the categories or whatever it is have that weird vw_editor_category_desc tag? Is there a way to get some sort of fresh demo?
If you are unable to create pages on the demo site you should contact the site's support people and explain the issue you are having in detail. Most wiki container pages should have apparent links to create new pages (think forums vs threads). The editor should have a button to link pages together like [wiki]Page Title[/wiki]

The manual for version 4 hasn't been written yet. As you might expect, it needs to be written by the devs, and they are busy fixing bugs during the beta period. Most user-contributed tutorials you will find are for version 3, which is not relevant for XenForo.

Not sure what you're referring to, since "Island Demo" is just one page in the demo wiki. As for that "weird tag" you mention, some phrases are missing. A focus for Beta 4 is the Phrase Pass: https://www.vaultwiki.org/issues/3204/

For a fresh demo, we intend to put out a Lite version in the future with limited features, but right now it's more a priority to get the core product completed and working for all the platforms we have planned.

Yes, to an extent. One year after release, old versions become End-of-Life, which means they won't get patches for security vulnerabilities anymore. If a security vulnerability is discovered after that happens, the affected EOL versions get removed to protect users.

And yes, there is a usergroup permission for that.

If you are unable to create pages on the demo site you should contact the site's support people and explain the issue you are having in detail. Most wiki container pages should have apparent links to create new pages (think forums vs threads). The editor should have a button to link pages together like [wiki]Page Title[/wiki]

The manual for version 4 hasn't been written yet. As you might expect, it needs to be written by the devs, and they are busy fixing bugs during the beta period. Most user-contributed tutorials you will find are for version 3, which is not relevant for XenForo.

Not sure what you're referring to, since "Island Demo" is just one page in the demo wiki. As for that "weird tag" you mention, some phrases are missing. A focus for Beta 4 is the Phrase Pass: https://www.vaultwiki.org/issues/3204/

For a fresh demo, we intend to put out a Lite version in the future with limited features, but right now it's more a priority to get the core product completed and working for all the platforms we have planned.
For the Island Demo, I was looking at your wiki and that seemed to be the only place that I could add content so I thought that was intentionally your Demo for it.

It's great to hear that you guys are planning on doing a User Manual as that would be extremely helpful to people that aren't Wiki Savvy yet need one, like myself.

Beta 4 out yesterday. It fixes compatibility with new features introduced in XenForo since 1.2.0 Beta 1, 2 security vulnerabilities, along with about 40 other bugs.

I'm not sure why you do not respond to PMs. You have always been quite responsive. Please be so kind to send me a XenForo version of Vaultwiki. It has been almost a month since my license purchase.

I'm not sure why you do not respond to PMs. You have always been quite responsive. Please be so kind to send me a XenForo version of Vaultwiki. It has been almost a month since my license purchase.
You bought this Add-on nearly a month ago and never got it?

I apologize if I missed one of your PMs.

Please note that renewing an expired license is not the same as purchasing a new one. Users must purchase a license for the vBulletin version OR the XenForo version. They do not automatically get both. If you made an incorrect selection, please let me know and it can be changed by an admin.

If you purchased a license renewal, please let me know whether it was applied to the correct license. If you purchased a brand new license, please let me know if it was never received. Two or three times already, PayPal has taken their IPN servers down for maintenance and never sent out emails or other automated notifications about transactions during that period. I already called earlier in July to complain about this.

Thank you for your help. I have received your PM.

Pegasus: Could you post migration instruction for those of us who want to migrate their VW from vbulletin to xenforo? What is the optimal migration / import method?
Should we import threads from xenforo or should we import from the old vbulletin installation?

I have seen this article but it does not make clear if its possible to import from VW4 on vb to VW4 to XF. Nor does that explain if that's the optimal route or not.
Please let me know.

Last edited:
pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0 Beta 4

• DIV and TABLE BB-Codes can be inserted in the sidebar
  • New Sidebar Block settings: Position and Randomize
  • Fixes compatibility with XenForo 1.2.0 RC, and 1.2.0 final
  • Fixes 2 XSS vulnerabilities
  • Fixes database error updating wiki like counts
  • Fixes ability to save wiki-related forum options
  • Fixes full-editor "Post New Attachment" form
  • Fixes reinstall when XenForo cache is enabled
  • Fixes some special pages that were showing 0 results
  • Fixes fatal error on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pegasus: Could you post migration instruction for those of us who want to migrate their VW from vbulletin to xenforo? What is the optimal migration / import method?
Should we import threads from xenforo or should we import from the old vbulletin installation?
The optimal route is as follows:
1. Upgrade your vBulletin VW3 to VW4. This is a challenging process for the server and requires a lot of testing before you should take it live. We recommend using a pro upgrade service for this one.
2. Install a clean VW4 on XenForo. Import vB VW4 into XF VW4. There is already an importer for this. This is mostly a direct copy and paste from one database to another, but the typical hang-up is attachments. If the paths are set wrong, they won't get brought over. However, with a clean VW4 as your target database, it's easy to just delete everything and start over if there's a problem.

There is a VW3 into VW4 importer, but it was written as a base for the upgrade process in vBulletin, so I'm not particularly confident in its ability to work across platforms at this time.

When we get to the RCs we will start focusing more on the importers, ironing out the kinks, and supporting more import-paths.

By your description it seems to me that its the best plan to wait until a better upgrade tool for VW3 to VW4 arrives.

Top Bottom