VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
This crashes again. It simply doesn't work. Could you please try to do the upgrade yourself and fix the mass of bugs you will encounter? I do not mind hitting a bug now and then and reporting it, but this upgrade process has more bugs than I can deal with.

Maybe its easier to just uninstall and reinstall again?

I can only get it to crash on XenForo 1.1.5. On XenForo 1.2.1 it runs smoothly for me. The reason is because the signature of some basic methods changed. (e.g. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass)

My apologies for this, we usually only develop and test new code against the most recent version of a platform. If conflicts occur with earlier versions, we try to rely on bug reports.

EDIT: Trudged through the errors on XF 1.1.5 and made build 004 with it.

Last edited:
with this installed my whole forum gets a "no permission to view this", disables all add-ons (xenzine etc)

Know the cause of this?

Install process step 12 - importing_attachment_rules getting following error:

Admin Control Panel - NewSecondCity
Server Error
Undefined offset: 2

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/model/file/vw.php at line 37
  2. vw_File_Model->memory_limit() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/filetype/vw.php at line 212
  3. vw_DM_Filetype_Controller->set_max_values() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/filetype/vw.php at line 36
  4. vw_DM_Filetype_Controller->_construct_delayed() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/xf.php at line 75
  5. vw_DM_Controller_XF->create() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 363
  6. {closure}() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 82
  7. vw_Progress_Controller->call() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 45
  8. vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 143
  9. vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 74
  10. vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 106
  11. vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionIndex() in vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 120
  12. vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

with this installed my whole forum gets a "no permission to view this", disables all add-ons (xenzine etc)

Know the cause of this?
That error and behavior doesn't make sense to me. You might have to rebuild some caches. Try visiting /admin.php?tools/rebuild, sometimes loading this page auto-builds some things. If your addons are disabled, try clicking the checkbox at /admin.php?add-ons/

Otherwise, best thing to do is ask about it on the support site.
Install process step 12 - importing_attachment_rules getting following error:
In vault/core/model/file/vw.php, find:
Code:
if ($match[2])
Replace with:
Code:
if (!empty($match[2]))
I believe your php.ini file may have contained a value that VaultWiki was unable to parse. This change should get around it. After applying the change, simply reload the script and click "Continue."

That error and behavior doesn't make sense to me. You might have to rebuild some caches. Try visiting /admin.php?tools/rebuild, sometimes loading this page auto-builds some things. If your addons are disabled, try clicking the checkbox at /admin.php?add-ons/

Code:
if ($match[2])
Replace with:
Code:
if (!empty($match[2]))
I believe your php.ini file may have contained a value that VaultWiki was unable to parse. This change should get around it. After applying the change, simply reload the script and click "Continue."

would not work unless I put a space in there.... immediately after the word EMPTY

Code:
if (!empty ($match[2]))

Code:
if ($match[2])
Replace with:
Code:
if (!empty($match[2]))
Issue was it seems the "wiki moderators" group installs with permission "never" on all areas, once i removed myself from that group it worked fine

going to Home->VaultWiki .. no option is available... only have two options, to run install script or run upgrade script from the Applicatins menu

going to Home->VaultWiki .. no option is available... only have two options, to run install script or run upgrade script from the Applicatins menu
I think it might be that the phrase wasn't updated, and that the bottom link actually points to the Wiki CP. I have changed the phrase names for the next release, but until then you can "fix" this problem by editing the phrase "admin_navigation_vaultwiki_cp" so that it says "Control Panel".
Issue was it seems the "wiki moderators" group installs with permission "never" on all areas, once i removed myself from that group it worked fine
I cannot duplicate this issue. I looked at the installer and it adds users to the moderator group who are already super-mods in XenForo. It doesn't start the DM that actually creates permissions for the group, so no "Never" permissions should be saved. By any chance was this an import? Maybe something is fishy about how it imports moderator permissions?
using Area Manager to Add Area .. nothing happens
I think I have resolved the issue. A file was missing from the library directory. Generating build 006 now.

updated phrase.. getting this error now

XenForo_Exception: View must be a child of XenForo_ViewAdmin_Base - library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php:218
Generated By: William Johnson, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Xml.php(105): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('vw_XenForo_View...', 'Xml', Array, '')
#1 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Xml->renderView('vw_XenForo_View...', Array, '', NULL)
#2 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Xml), Array)
#3 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://xxxxxx/admin.php?wiki/&panel=area"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["wiki/"] => string(0) ""
["panel"] => string(4) "area"
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["ajax"] => string(1) "1"
["parentid"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["do"] => string(4) "edit"
}
}

That error is complaining that the file /library/vw/XenForo/ViewAdmin.php is missing. Download build 006 to get it.

Drop in whatever files are in the new ZIP, in case there are other updates. But you don't need to do an upgrade.

I think it might be that the phrase wasn't updated, and that the bottom link actually points to the Wiki CP. I have changed the phrase names for the next release, but until then you can "fix" this problem by editing the phrase "admin_navigation_vaultwiki_cp" so that it says "Control Panel".

I cannot duplicate this issue. I looked at the installer and it adds users to the moderator group who are already super-mods in XenForo. It doesn't start the DM that actually creates permissions for the group, so no "Never" permissions should be saved. By any chance was this an import? Maybe something is fishy about how it imports moderator permissions?

I think I have resolved the issue. A file was missing from the library directory. Generating build 006 now.
yes was an import from VB.

Drop in whatever files are in the new ZIP, in case there are other updates. But you don't need to do an upgrade.

Installed laterst update, VaultWiki Admin Panel, nothing happens when trying to add areas .. Still getting the same errors:

Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: View must be a child of XenForo_ViewAdmin_Base - library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php:218
Generated By: William Johnson, Yesterday at 12:11 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Xml.php(105): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('vw_XenForo_View...', 'Xml', Array, '')
#1 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Xml->renderView('vw_XenForo_View...', Array, '', NULL)
#2 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Xml), Array)
#3 /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://xxxx.com/admin.php?wiki/&panel=area"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["wiki/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["ajax"] => string(1) "1"
["parentid"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["do"] => string(4) "edit"
}
}

What do you mean by "killing"? What error is it giving you?

When you updated to build 006, did you upload only the /library folder, only a particular file, or the entire package? I was only able to duplicate the error you posted BEFORE I updated to build 006.

EDIT: My apologies on build 006. Looks like the download area is still having problems. Recently it has been giving out copies of old builds and calling it the newest one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom