VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
What do you mean by "killing"? What error is it giving you?

When you updated to build 006, did you upload only the /library folder, only a particular file, or the entire package? I was only able to duplicate the error you posted BEFORE I updated to build 006.

updated entire package. I am getting different errors now... updated on the vaultwiki site.

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0 Beta 6

(released September 29, 2013)
  • Set expiration date for page synonyms
  • Upgrade stub no longer needed
  • Fixes a handful of debug mode errors
  • Fixes fatal error viewing profiles
  • Fixes one-time fatal error after XenForo upgrade
  • Fixes fatal error searching for new wiki content
  • Fixes style variables not saving
  • Fixes admin links refreshing current page
  • Fixes fatal error viewing edit history
  • Fixes missing wiki index
  • Fixes file uploads with default php.ini
  • Fixes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If the wiki has an article in it name "computers" and someone on the forums types "computers" somewhere in their post, will the post automatically link to the wiki article?

Thanks.

If the wiki has an article in it name "computers" and someone on the forums types "computers" somewhere in their post, will the post automatically link to the wiki article?

Thanks.
Yes, if you set the options this way it will.

Vaultwiki suggestion:

screenshot_12-png.59810

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/text-links-with-image.36128

Links to wiki items would have a distinctive image associated with it.

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0 Beta 7

(released October 27, 2013)
  • User option to disable Auto-Link viewing
  • Headers for User profiles
  • Mass Move to Language When Deleting Languages
  • Fixes templates parsing in non-wiki content
  • Fixes database error deleting attachment file-types
  • Fixes text edits to books getting lost on submit
  • Fixes flag links pointing to index with default URL format
  • Fixes Auto-Links not working
  • Fixes numerous PHP notices
  • Fixes AJAX quick reply for comments not posting
  • Fixes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I must admit...I waited a very long time, and almost talked myself out of buying this addon for my site. Although our community really needed a wiki setup, and XenCarta just didn't seem like a true wiki replacement. Plus I didn't want to use MediaWiki and bridge things, wanted a fully integrated look and feel.

Now, I haven't really played with it all that much yet. Although from what I've seen and used so far, I'm pretty impressed. I think it's odd that the Wiki CP is completely separate of the XF ACP, but no biggy. I also find the way the Areas/navigation is setup is kinda weird, but only weird because it's different. I'm starting to like the area/pages/navigation setup as I get used to it.

So far I keep being impressed by the addon as a whole, although I haven't officially used it enough yet to give it a real rating/review. The only issue I've ran into so far is the fact that you can't use the & character, among others within an area title. Which I can work with.

I'll be sure to give a review once we get our wiki structure and everything setup so it may be used by the public.

Quick question on my end. Is there a reason why the name for an Area, can not be the same as another Area if they're not within the same scope?

Example:
Area1->Test
Area2->Test This won't work even though the path and everything to both Test areas would be different. Due to each being in different parent Areas.

Hi,

I couldn't access to the demo:
Error 500 - Server Configuration Error
Access to http://www.vaultwiki.org/xf/index.php?wiki/ has caused a server configuration error.

If this problem persists, please contact us. Mention the error message received and the page you were trying to reach. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and we will do all we can to fix the error as soon as possible.

I also would like to know about have 2 different wiki indexes...I'm planning to merge 2 xf boards and use this addon to make them look as different installations:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-multisite-system.2278/

Can I insert a tab in one style to show a specific index of the wiki (with entries about the thematic of the 1st board) and insert another tab in a seconds style (of the second board) linking to another wiki index?

The purpose is to have one wiki installation but show different indexes depending on which is the link of that tab.

Do you understand or do I have to give you an example?

Thank you

Vaultwiki.org has been down for days. I wonder if they have been hacked. They are still using vbulletin 4, so it would not be a surprise if that happens.

Indeed, VaultWiki.org was hacked. Our devs posted some info on Twitter while it was going on, but the site has been back up for a week now. You can read all about it here: https://www.vaultwiki.org/articles/141/

We had been hacked via vBulletin 4 before (if anyone remembers the Flash uploader vulnerability), although that was not so devastating. We believe what happened this time was that an attacker either got in through one of our satellite sites that had not been updated in a few years (which is now patched), or by reading the SSH password saved on a dev's laptop when they tried to login from a public WiFi (it turned out the laptop had a similar infection as the server).

In any case, we are still performing recovery and hardening daily since the event. Development was delayed, but we are actually today QAing the next release, which is otherwise packaged and awaiting approval for release.

I also would like to know about have 2 different wiki indexes...I'm planning to merge 2 xf boards and use this addon to make them look as different installations:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-multisite-system.2278/

Can I insert a tab in one style to show a specific index of the wiki (with entries about the thematic of the 1st board) and insert another tab in a seconds style (of the second board) linking to another wiki index?

The purpose is to have one wiki installation but show different indexes depending on which is the link of that tab
Hi,

You can only have one true wiki index, but you can certainly create 2 wiki areas (board A, and board B). There are currently no active CodeEvents in VW4, but I will add one to the appropriate spot so you can change the wiki tab name and link if desired in the next release. If you want to do it before the event vw_nav_links is available, then it's a bit more complex.

1. Edit VaultWiki's config.php file and change the dependency from 'xf' to 'mysite|xf'. Only use alphanumeric characters for your 'mysite' token, because like XenForo, VaultWiki uses underscores and some other special characters to build the classpath.

2. In /vault/core/model/plugins/general, create a file called 'mysite.php'. The contents should look like this:
PHP:
<?php

require_once(vw_Hard_Core::get_dir() . '/model/plugins/general/xf.php');

class vw_Plugins_General_Model_mysite extends vw_Plugins_General_Model_XF {
    public function get_nav_links($show_links)
    {
        $links = parent::get_nav_links($show_links);

if (vw_Hard_Core::controller('Request')->styleid() == CHANGE_IN_STYLE) {
             $index = array(
                   'title' => 'AREA_TITLE' // e.g. board A or board B
             );
             vw_Hard_Core::model('URL')->get($index);
             vw_Hard_Core::model('URL')->array_map($links, $index, 'wiki_url');
        }

return $links;
    }
}

In general this is not the appropriate way for mods to modify VaultWiki, since class proxying doesn't occur. You should only do this for site-level modifications. Other distributed mods should use Code Events once they are added to VaultWiki.

Last edited:
Hi,

You can only have one true wiki index, but you can certainly create 2 wiki areas (board A, and board B). There are currently no active CodeEvents in VW4, but I will add one to the appropriate spot so you can change the wiki tab name and link if desired in the next release. If you want to do it before the event vw_nav_links is available, then it's a bit more complex.

1. Edit VaultWiki's config.php file and change the dependency from 'xf' to 'mysite|xf'. Only use alphanumeric characters for your 'mysite' token, because like XenForo, VaultWiki uses underscores and some other special characters to build the classpath.

2. In /vault/core/model/plugins/general, create a file called 'mysite.php'. The contents should look like this:
PHP:
<?php

require_once(vw_Hard_Core::get_dir() . '/model/plugins/general/xf.php');

class vw_Plugins_General_Model_mysite extends vw_Plugins_General_XF {
    public function get_nav_links($show_links)
    {
        $links = parent::get_nav_links($show_links);

if (vw_Hard_Core::controller('Request')->styleid() == CHANGE_IN_STYLE) {
             $index = array(
                   'title' => 'AREA_TITLE' // e.g. board A or board B
             );
             vw_Hard_Core::model('URL')->get($index);
             vw_Hard_Core::model('URL')->array_map($links, $index, 'wiki_url');
        }

return $links;
    }
}

In general this is not the appropriate way for mods to modify VaultWiki, since class proxying doesn't occur. You should only do this for site-level modifications. Other distributed mods should use Code Events once they are added to VaultWiki.
Wow...I'll wait the next release so.

I'm worried about the late reply and your website is also offline so I might consider to not buy this addon...

I'm worried about the late reply and your website is also offline so I might consider to not buy this addon...
For some reason I haven't been getting email notifications about new posts from this site in a while. I apologize for that, or I would have replied sooner.

As for the site being offline, it has been back since Dec 25 so I'm not sure what you mean as I can access it fine and I see other users on there as well.

When will you migrate vaultwiki.org to XenForo?
We actually want to migrate all of our sites to XenForo, but we still have quite a bit of custom code that needs to be ported. For one, our entire licensing system was built with vB code, and we were in the process of porting that to VW code when the hack distracted us. Until our site is converted to be fully portable, we will not have an answer for timing on the migrations.

Yes, it would be very nice if vaultwiki would work with multisite out of the box
We've covered this with respect to other requests, but VaultWiki will never actually add code for out of the box integration with third-party add-ons. If there is enough demand, we might release an integration with a third-party mod as a separate modification. In order to accomplish that, though, VaultWiki 4 needs a lot more event locations that it currently has, and the locations it already does need to be enabled by the devs.

So I suppose I have a question. VaultWiki can potentially have A LOT of event locations (I'm talking over 100) if I go ahead and put them everywhere I could ever see anyone wanting to do something. I can probably merge a bunch of them with a wrapper (hence the number is less than 300), but I wonder what is a good balance. Although many of the communications between VaultWiki and XenForo are extensible by XFCP, most of VaultWiki's internals aren't extensible in this way. That is why events are really the only answer I can see for the majority of the code.

As for the site being offline, it has been back since Dec 25 so I'm not sure what you mean as I can access it fine and I see other users on there as well.
I swear I visited your website before write that and it was offline.

Regards

Top Bottom