VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Running the install script I am getting following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/model/vw.php on line 173

Getting following error during install script execution:

installing_help

Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_read() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/common/vw.php on line 43

Please download build 003 which was released a few hours ago. It fixes a number of showstopper and fringe issues with the installer.

Downloaded build 003, Installation script error:

Step 16

installing_phrases

installing_phrase_group

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'revert-0' for key 'title' in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 103
  8. vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_language() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 531
  9. {closure}() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 80
  10. vw_Progress_Controller->call() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 39
  11. vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 143
  12. vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 74
  13. vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/cp/global.php at line 72
  14. require_once() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/install/index.php at line 37

A bit of unexpected issue with typecasting and adding entries to SimpleXMLElement and SimpleXMLIterator when another mod has already installed certain things. Changes to /vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php have now been merged into build 003. Apologies for this inconvenience.

Error at Step 17

Step 17

importing_code_event_listeners

An exception occurred: String could not be parsed as XML in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php on line 35

1. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 0
  2. vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_event_listeners() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 552
  3. {closure}() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 80
  4. vw_Progress_Controller->call() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 39
  5. vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 143
  6. vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 74
  7. vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/cp/global.php at line 72
  8. require_once() in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/vault/install/index.php at line 37

The download script on our site did not give you the event listeners XML file /vault/core/controller/install/db/xml/plugins/xf.xml. I have looked into this and resolved the issue. You should be able to download the file now.

Seems like a lot of issues for a Wiki that runs $70.

I need a Wiki on my website very badly. I've been debating using MediaWiki versus running XenCarta and now we have this. Can you describe some of the differences between VaultWiki and XenCarta?

As far as the wiki actually goes, the average wiki based on my site genre has anywhere from 1,500-16,000 pages, can VaultWiki handle this load? Will it slow down or impact my forum in anyway due to sharing the same database?

Do you have any images or examples of some of those features you mention like contributors profiles?

I hate brands on my site and always opt branding free, what is the branding free cost?

Please mind that this the first beta release. It will take some time before this is stable. First all issues will need to be reported.
Its my experience over the years that Pegasus is quick to address any issue that is reported.
Branding Free can be found here: https://www.vaultwiki.org/products/

The XenForo release is currently beta status, so it will have some issues. The price is the same for the XenForo release or the vBulletin release.

Branding free currently costs $59.97
I'm not personally familiar with XenCarta, so perhaps someone else can chime in.

VaultWiki 3 (which did not support XenForo) had some wikis with over 15,000 pages that I know of. VaultWiki 4 was redesigned to perform better in high-use situations. We are currently trying to tackle some issues that start happening around 100,000 pages, and should have a solution before beta is over.

The nice thing about my site is that it's in regards to a game that is currently still in development so I have plenty of time to get things sorted out.
Using MediaWiki or a XenForo based Wiki is a major and important aspect of my site, but there's still time to make decisions about which route would be best to use.

I look forward to seeing the development progress on this Wiki.

I hope that tab is optional. IMHO 'Wiki contributions' belong with the other statistics on the left.
'View all wiki contributions by Pegasus' belongs on the information page, because that displays similar searches for forum contributions.
Recent activity belongs on the recent activity tab.

A full list of recent activity does already appear on the Recent Activity tab.
Recent wiki postings are also included on the Postings tab.
However, the Information tab doesn't have any useful hooks that would allow us to modify the "Content" section.
If you would like to request an option to either have the tab as above OR mix the information among the other tabs, please request that feature at the support site.

Also I forgot to mention the "Recent Wiki Activity" snip pulls from the wiki activity widget, not XenForo's NewsFeed, so it can usually provide more specific wiki activity information (although it lacks a preview). XenForo's NewsFeed only supports pages, edits, and comments. Wiki activity consists of a lot more than that.

Top Bottom