1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 User upgrades stopped working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by dutchbb, Mar 25, 2016.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

For some reason user upgrades have stopped working recently. Did Paypal change anything, how can I test the system to find out what's going on?

Also from te help page:

I can not find this anywhere in my Paypal account since they changed the whole layout there.

Some help is appreciated.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The first place to check is the IPN History page. This is difficult to find with the new layout, but this direct link to it will work:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Despite what this page may say, and what the help page says, it isn't actually necessary to explicitly enable IPN messages or specify a URL. So, ultimately, if you go to this page and you see a message about IPN being switched off, this likely isn't the cause of the problem.

But you should see a list of messages (by default it only shows 24 hours) clicking the "Message ID" should take you to the full details of the request sent to your site. You may also want to check the xf_user_upgrade_log table as errors are often logged here, too (if the IPNs get to your site).

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Also, are there any entries in the log?

admin.php?user-upgrades/transaction-log

4. dhnanjay

dhnanjay Member

can you give me screenshots soo i can see the problem

5. dutchbb

Thanks, there is only history of two purchases in 2015, so I see now it has not been working for months.
    No data of the 2016 purchase.

Yes from last year only.

User_Upgrade_Transaction_Log1.png User_Upgrade_Transaction_Log2.png User_Upgrade_Transaction_Log3.png User_Upgrades.png

I guess I'll try to create the user upgrade again and see if that works.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

7. dutchbb

Ok that link works, still no idea how to get there in Paypal. Here's a screenshot

IPN_paypal.png

When a member orders an upgrade they get this receipt:

receipt_paypal.png

Which contains my old email address, where to change this to the new one? Can't find it in Paypal.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We actually pass the required URL in with the request, but if you want a URL you can enter here, it's mentioned here: https://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/

As for why that email is in a receipt, that unfortunately would be specific to PayPal's domain, so I'm not sure. Their support may be able to help.

dutchbb likes this.
  9. dutchbb

Well upgrades are working again after replacing the IPN. It's not even possible to leave the field empty.

Mike likes this.